BosaiyaPhotographer Male Sumner, Washington, US
My Website: Bosaiya.comMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/bosaiya
Mayhem # 822569
I am an award-winning, internationally recognized, published, and exhibited fine-art photographer. Occasionally I work with models. I do not respond to tags, comments, or friend requests. If you want to get my attention then email me directly.
Articles about my work
You can see some of my photos and read some of my words in Creative Imagemaker Magazine:
http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_64/550 … 1issue.pdf
Here is another nice article written about my work:
http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sectio … ryID=78768
What others have said about my work
"Explore a world hidden from the eyes of humans. Bosaiya will take you on a magical journey with breathtaking images."
Clive Waring, Editor, SilverShotz: The International Journal of Fine Art Photography
"The most unusual large format photography I've ever seen, wonderful!"
Ray Heaton, Editor, The Large Format Journal
"These are noteworthy photos deserving of publication."
J. Michael Sullivan, Editor, MAGNAchrom
"Like something from a sci-fi movie."
Werner Herzog, legend
Photo guru Dr. Tim Rudman wrote a very long and nice foreword to my monograph "Here There Be Dragons" http://www.amazon.com/Here-There-Be-Dra … amp;sr=8-1
What others have said about working with me
"Thanks so much for the great shoot, great company, and darkroom supplies! You have no idea how much greater my summer is going to be now."
"Oh my, THANK YOU, and your lovely wife, Kristyne for your warm hospitality and a rockin' fun photo shoot. I truly had a great time.
Again, thank you for sharing your creative energy, fabulous sense of humor, artistic vision and for showering me with compliments. Your generosity is much appreciated."
"Thank you! I just wanted to say that in all of my years in working with people, this weekend was honestly the best experience I've had so far. Don't hesitate to ask me if you need a model for any more upcoming projects. I loved working with you, and your family was great!"
"It was my pleasure to work with you. You are a talented artist and it was great to be in your home. Your family is great...your kids crack me up! Lets keep in touch because I would love to work with you and your wife on other projects.
P.S. Thanks for the waffles and pizza!"
"I had such a great time on Saturday. You both have a lovely family. Thanks again I wanted you to know that everyone I have showed the photos to have raved about your work. Everyone has had very high praise for you I'll totally work on projects with you again."
Publications, Shows, Awards
For a complete listing please to be visiting my http://www.bosaiya.com website
As of October, 2009:
Thirty-three gallery shows, fifteen solo.
Thirty-eight publications, sixteen covers, one monograph.
Ten awards and/or placements.
About my process
As a rule I only work with medium and large format film. I have no interest in either digital or small format. I process and print all of my own work, by hand, to the highest possible standards.
• University of Notre Dame October – November 2010 (solo)
• Miami-Dade Public Library System February – March 2010 (solo)
• Miami-Dade Public Library System September – December 2009 (solo)
• Florida Atlantic University, Jupiter FL March – May 2009 (solo)
• Beaumont Gallery, Clermont-Ferrand March 2009 (solo)
• The Delaplaine Visual Arts Center, Maryland August – October 2008 (solo)
• Lake George Arts Project – New York, July – August 2008 (solo)
• The Schuylkill Center, Philadelphia “Swarm” May 2008
• JK Gallery, Los Angeles "Hello!" group show May 24 - June 2008
• Goodman Gallery, Laredo Center for the Arts, Laredo TX March – April 2008 (solo)
• Victoria Arts Connection Gallery, Victoria B.C. February 2008 (solo)
• artspace, Richmond VA August 2007 (solo)
• Pacific Northwest Center for Photography, Portland OR July 2007 (solo)
• Center for Fine Art Photography – DIA Invitational, Denver, CO May – July, 2007
• Center for Fine Art Photography - Member's Invitational, Fort Collins CO Oct - Nov 2006
• SRO-Photo Gallery, Lubbock TX October 2006 (solo)
• 12 12 Gallery, Richmond VA September - October, 2006
• Island Arts, "Through the Lens", Rhode Island August 3-25, 2006
• Center for Fine Art Photography - On The Edge, Fort Collins CO July - August 2006
• 401 Projects, "Photography Now", New York June - July 2006
• Greater Reston Arts Center "Languages of Silence", Reston, VA June – August 2006
• Broadway Market Gallery, Seattle, WA June 2006 (solo)
• First Int’l Arts Pestival, London Wetland Centre May – June 2006
• King County Library System, WA May 2006 (solo)
• Elise Mankes Studio "Impermanence", Massachusetts April - May 2006
• Center For Photography at Woodstock "Photography Now", New York April - May 2006
• Barrett Art Center, New York March – April 006
• OSU Art About Agriculture, Corvallis, Oregon March 2006
• DangenArt – winner Nancie Mattice award, Nashville TN March – April 2006
• DangenArt – Grand Prize winner Peek Through!, Nashville TN Feb – March 2006
• Gallery 070, Vashon WA February 2006 (solo)
• Center for Fine Art Photography - 2005 Intl Exhibit, Fort Collins CO Nov – Dec 2005
• Lake George Arts Festival "Zoo", Lake George NY July – August 2005
• “Nothing Divine Here” (cover), Cervana Barva Press, 2010
• “Slow Motion Wars” (cover), Screaming Dreams Press, 2010
• "Symphony of Bones", 2010
• "Movie Queen", 2010
• “If Nothing Else, Eve, We’ve Enjoyed The Fruit” (cover) 2009
• Withersin Volume 3, Issues 1,2,3 (covers) 2009
• Estronomicon, February 2009 (cover plus full portfolio)
• Creative Image Maker, Spring 2009
• Scattered Things, Issue 1, 2008
• Withersin Volume 2, Issues 1,2,3 (cover plus interiors), 2008
• Yellow Mama, Fall 2007
• Here There Be Dragons (personal monograph), 2007
• MAGNAchrom Issue 4, (full portfolio plus essay) 2007
• Flint Hills Review Issue 11, (cover) 2006
• Shots Magazine Issue 94, (full portfolio) 2006
• World Book of Lith Printing - Tim Rudman (title page plus interior spread), 2006
• Jaded Expressions (full portfolio) 2006
• Saffron and Brimstone – Dark Horse Press (cover), 2006
• Shrouded by Darkness - Telos Press (cover), 2006
• Capital Offenses – Literary Road (cover) 2006
• BlueStem Press - FlintHills Review (featured artist) May 2006
• MARY Journal - Saint Mary's College of California (cover) May 2006
• International Journal of Black and White Photography (full portfolio), 2006
• Ascent Aspirations poetry journal (portfolio), May 2006
• Necropsy, May 2006
• Outsider Ink Magazine (full portfolio), Spring Issue 2006
• Large Format Journal (cover plus full portfolio), February 2006
• Spartan Dog Magazine (cover plus full portfolio), issue 11 February 2006
• Stationaery, issue 8 January 2006
• Mad Hatter's Review, issue 4, Jan 2006
• EssenDemme Magazine (full portfolio), issue 4, Jan 2006
• FILE Magazine (full portfolio), 2006
• Surreal Magazine (cover plus interior), issue 4, 2005
• Thin Air Magazine literary journal, 2005
• Phirebrush issue 21, 2004
• World Photography Awards – Official Selection 2009
• Prix de la Photographie Paris – 2009 Honorable Mention - Water
• Preditors & Editors Awards – 2008 Best Magazine Cover
• Prix de la Photographie Paris – 2007 Honorable Mention
• International Photo Awards (IPA) - 2006 Honorable Mention
• President's Award - OSU Art About Agriculture, 2006
• Photowork '06 - Barrett Art Center
• Nancie Mattice Award for Emerging Artists - DangenArt, 2006
• Grand Prize, Peek Through! - DangenArt, 2006
• Creative Artistic Award of Excellence - National Photo Awards, 2005 annual