Chiaroscuro FotografiaPhotographer Male Los Angeles, California, US
My MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/chiaroscurofotografia Chiaroscuro Fotografia Facebook
Mayhem # 855009
NOTE: I don't post any more new images on MM. If you want to check out my latest collection, please friend me on FB.
Photography has been a hopeless addiction for most of my life. That enticing moment occurred with the very first looked through the viewfinder of my father's Nikon. Click!
Since 1980, I recognized that a camera in hand acts as a magical net that is cast out to capture the essence of the human soul. A portrait allows me to forever freeze a fleeting moment of time - a single expression - an implied thought - a permanent imprint of the human soul that resonates sometimes throughout the ages.
As the addiction grew, I realized that the enjoyment of the photographic arts came not in admiring the final print, but the entire process from start to finish. I treasure the synergy that takes place with the photographer, MUA, stylist, and model. The studio becomes a place of relationship and lasting friendships.
In my extremely busy schedule, I spend a day out of the month to do TF work. On these, I will put out a casting call with a specific theme in mind. I try to make the shoot EPIC and grandiose in nature.
As my technique and style evolves, I have to credit the countless number of mentors/teachers, fellow photographers, innovators, and camera companies who have equipped me with the skills to "paint with light."
I appreciate all of the hard work and dedication I received from models, MUAs, and stylists in the past. We're all in the industry together - striving to create beauty and hope in a world often filled with darkness and despair.
I am always in collaboration with agencies, fashion designers, and MUA/HS schools. My project rates are negotiable, but my hourly rate for photographic services is set at $200/hour. Please feel free to contact me to discuss future projects.
Good luck in your career.
The word, chiaroscuro, is an Italian word (clarity and obscurity) that describes the contrast between light and darkness. Photography is all about capturing the choreographed "dance" between shadows and light. I don't use elaborate settings or props. Sometimes simplicity drives the greatest impact; however, I shoot with this vision of creating chiaroscuro in my images.
Ford Models (LA/SF)
Elite Model Management
BMG Model Management
Wunder Model Management *******
Click Models Los Angeles
Willow Model Management *******
My Elite Models
Hair Model Express (Hairmodelexpress.com)
Status LA Fashion Magazine October 2012 - Jaimie Hilfiger Interview Pages 26-31.
Elle Girl - Jaimie Hilfiger (feature interview - March 2012)
Psychology Today - Slow Fashion with Jaimie Hilfiger (April 2012)
Vogue Italia http://www.vogue.it/en/photovogue/Profi … b125b/User
Louis Vuitton Asia
Enzoani.com Bridal and Evening Gowns
Enzoani Bridal and Prom Fashion - Annual Runway
Garb by Kalypso
Igdal Dahan - ID-Exchange Jewelry
Kicka Custom Creations
Grace Beverly Hills
Ingenious Fashion - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … amp;type=1
Glenda Jensen Couture
The Stork Magazine (Model Andrea Bundalian)
World Poker Tour - Royal Flush Girls (Ivy Teves)
Elle Girl (Jaimie Hilfiger March 2012)
The Ring Magazine
Fighters Only Magazine (Fall 2011)
The Bubble Magazine
Kaboom Magazine (Danielle Robinson)
Kabloom Magazine (Kitty Lee)
My shoot with model Jaimie Hilfiger (Tommy Hilfiger's niece) at my studio for BCBG and Nicole Miller.
NOTE: Here are my expectations:
1. Always think safety first.
2. Come with maximum energy. Half-ass'd effort sucks. Think EPIC!
3. Nudity and Implied - As Reuben from Glamtography posted, "Please do not ask me to shoot nude or implied--I always wear clothes when I shoot." Only if the shoot has significant artistic value. No arm twisting or wrangling. Just say, "no."
4. Please be prompt. Please provide ample notice if late or if you need to cancel. The MUA, HS and other staff members could be elsewhere generating income.
5. Please come clean. Make sure nails and hair come clean. 2-toned hair roots are not fun to photoshop.
6. If you bring outfits, make sure they are maintained: steamed and ironed.
7. If you're interested in shooting with me (or replying back to my tag/message), please message me your contact info (txt number, email, etc). I agree, this isn't a dating service or match.com. Giving me your personal contact info just confirms that you are serious about shooting with me.
8. I do not pay models to shoot with them.
9. Finally, have fun, relax, and enjoy life.
Please don't feel offended if I don't reply to your Friend, email, or MM Message right away. I'm often swimming through a ton of messages...just getting through them. Sorry.
One more thing...if I friend you, it means I want to collaborate on a shoot with you.