LightBrushedImagesPhotographer Male Columbia, Maryland, US
My Website: Artistic galleryMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/lightbrushedImages
Mayhem # 856262
A few unique things about me. First: I am an adoptive parent. There are 100,000's of families wanting to adopt, right now. I will help anyone in a crisis pregnancy with all their birth and/or adoption needs; no matter where you reside contact me directly and I will begin mobilizing support. For those DIYers, see AdoptHelp.com
Second: Rock Climbing models (especially with multi-pitch/lead experience) ALWAYS of interest to plan a shoot concept; anytime, anywhere!
Third: I am a volunteer photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. I encourage all photographers to consider applying.
NEWS FLASH!!! - I just moved into my new 500 sf studio in a historic 200 year-old building! It's beautiful(!) and I look forward to much good use of this new "creative space!"
Now the regular blah, blah, blah...
I am an Artistic & Storytelling photographer. Now in my tenth year of pursuing artistic works, I am zoning in on completing specific projects. However I am still doing artistic & portfolio work with models when I travel - I want to stay "sharp" and try new locations, models, and stories. My main passion is outdoor figure images, including California & Florida (2007), the High Sierras (2008) up to 11,000 ft. (I'm also a rock climber), the Arizona wilderness (2009) and the Northwest, mainly Utah & Idaho (2010) & Arizona rock climbing (2010), East Coast (2011), Ohio (2013), the Gulf Coast & GA/TN (2012), Hawaii (2014) and the Netherlands (2015.) But I also love studio work or situational settings to capture an image with meaning and context for the viewer to take in.
Sad to say, I am no longer doing non-paid shoots unless you have mad climbing skills or I am looking for a special location model.
*** AMSTERDAM!!! September 2015 - Zoi and Amber, windmills, waves and sand dunes -- what more do you need?
*** MIAMI March 2015 - Stepping up into the fashion and Miami Art scene! Dani, you rocked it!
*** TRAVEL REPORT: HAWAII 2014 - 3 Islands, 5 Models.
*** TRAVEL REPORT: NINPAR 2013 - Thanks to 34 models who participated in the group shoot!
*** TRAVEL REPORT: CLEVELAND ROCKS - Thanks to Gabriel, Crystal, Jessica & Terra for making Ohio a success for both studio and location shooting.
*** TRAVEL REPORT: THE BIG EASY/GULF COAST - After attending Imaging USA (PPA's National convention) I had the pleasure of working with Missy (New Orleans), Doll & Lazrus (Mississippi) and Static (Alabama.). (I believe that makes 24 states I've shot in.)
*** TRAVEL REPORT: EAST COAST I-95 ROAD TRIP - Crove south through NC, SC, GA & FL and back to cover the last rollout of the Space Shuttle to the launchpad 5/31. Thanks to Al (my road-trip buddy), Johnathan, Jessica, Z, Catibra, and Angela!
*** TRAVEL REPORT: LONG ISLAND ("LonGiland") - Trained for 4 days with Doug Gordon (receipient of the 2011 UN Photographer of the Year Leadership award!) May 9 - 12. Thanks to Anastasia, Staci, Rob & Kaliel.
*** TRAVEL REPORT: SOUTH FLORIDA - Got hosed by the Shuttle launch scrub; made the most of it with some great shoots -- thanks to Yaz, William, Rachel, Greg, J Lynnne & Edwidge for your time and efforts!
*** TRAVEL REPORT: ROCK CLIMBING SHOOT - Arizona. Locations included South Mountain, Isolation Canyon, Lower Devil's Canyon, Sully's Canyon and "The Pond". I was climbing and shooting with Model Mila (1323116) & husband on this trip, focusing on vertical walls. The shoot went great and MM is going to give a collective "No freakin' way!" when these are posted.
*** TRAVEL REPORT: Shot a wedding in St. Thomas, USVI. While there I had a shoot with the lovely Megan with rough Atlantic waves crashing on the rocks behind, around, and in one case, on her!...
MODELS: I am a professional photographer and happily charge for general portfolio work. In general, I can offer trade for artistic figure shoots (UNLESS you show a developed and advanced (equal to or better than mine) *artistic* portfolio and are an actual professional model.)) A TF shoot is still 100% work, and is not "free" for the models or myself. Trade means we both work and both get something we want. "Trade" deal: Your time, experience, creativity, determination and good attitude for my time, experience, creativity, determination, good attitude, composing & directing, equipment, post processing, archiving, production & printing. I will get you a set of proof images for you to have as an archive, and process choice images for online portfolios. I will provide a print if you have a physical book, and a poster print of any art pieces I create of you. If I personally sell a print of a model who shot for trade, I courteously (not a formal commitment) commission them 10%. (Don't get too excited, this has only happened 7 times, but I'm working on becoming famous. )
My artistic gallery: LightBrushedImages.com
My services (commercial & wedding) gallery: LifeStoryImages.com
I am based in the DC/Baltimore area much of the time, but I travel often; Always looking to establish myself in new areas with models interested in my artistic work -- If interested, please do email or call. Thanks!
- Light Painter
For those responding to my casting call, I'm impressed you took the time to read my profile - After you reply by message as in the posting, also give me phone call to "jump ahead" of other responders.
Have you worked with LightBrushedImages? Add Credits for LightBrushedImages! >>
Publication & Press:
• Panobook 2011: The 156 Most Beautiful Panoramic Photos of the Year. - 3 Images published (there were over 2,000 submitted!)
• Southern Exposure magazine (Southeastern Regional Professional Photographers Association) - August, 2011, Page 24 gallery
• Final Flight, First Sight: Photographing the Last Space Shuttle, November, 2013
• On Safari: Telling Life Stories with Photographs, July, 2011
• 2013 Featured Photographer for Kolor.com
• ARTOMATIC 2012 - 30' of wall space, including a 10' print of "Converging Lines." With 1,300 artists displaying, I got named "Top 10 New Finds of AOM12" as well as the distinction of "Best Nude on the Rocks" by DC Art News; "...the resulting photographs are eye catching and superbly well done; this is one fine photographer at work." (Thank you kindly, Lenny.)
• PPA Grand Imaging Award; 2013 3rd place, Illustrative (out of 1,800 photographers/5,000 images)
• 2011 Kodak Gallery Award recipient
• Maryland Professional Photographers Association 2009 Photographer of the Year; Portrait & Electronic Imarecipients
Speaking & Workshops:
• October 7, 2013: "Posing the Figure in the Environment", All-day class taking images from concept to printmaking, Rockville, MD (PPA Super Monday Class)
• "Capturing Art & Emotion on the Wedding Day" Laurel, MD May20th, 2013. (PPA Super Monday Class)
• October 24, 2011: "Posing the Figure in the Environment", All-day class taking images from concept to printmaking, Rockville, MD (PPA Super Monday Class)
• August 30: "Storytelling in Fine Art" - Lecture, slideshow and Print exhibition. Woodbridge, VA
• October 2-8: "The Dynamic Nude" Workshop (Co-instructor), Lake Powell, Utah.)
• Invited artist: "The Environmental Nude", September 2010, the Contemporary Art School and Gallery in Haggerstown, MD.
• PPA Instructor, May 2010, "Ultra-High Resolution Environmental Portraiture"
• Speaker at various photography clubs.
• Photographer, Models Choice Image: http://ModelsChoiceImage.com