WHO: Hello, my name is Andrew. I'm a photographer and magazine Editor. I've worked with 100s of models and have over 50 front cover credits (all actual printed-on-paper magazines).
WHAT: I've been Editor of 7 magazines (see below) and am currently Editor of NZX, the biggest selling men's magazine in New Zealand.
WHY: My specialty is glamour photography, ranging from bikini/lingerie to full nude. I shoot most of the main pictorials for NZX magazine. I also shoot model portfolios (basic cost is $200) and events. Or anything that catches my eye.
2011 Travel shooting schedule:
April -- Melbourne, Australia
May -- Dunedin, New Zealand
September -- Manila, Philippines
Otherwise on-going in Auckland, New Zealand.
WHERE: Once upon a time, New Zealand (and the world) had a publishing industry! I've been Editor of 7 magazines and was the founding Editor of 5 of those. Some are:
1. REAL GROOVE — I was Editor of this NZ music magazine for one year. My first real job after university and OE. Got to interview rock stars…but I got bored of it!
2. BRASS — I created NZ's first “men's lifestyle” magazine. Assessed as “the most successful magazine launch in NZ publishing history”. I left after 2 years, returned a few later.
3. RALPH — I was NZ Editor of this Australian men's lifestyle magazine when it was rebranded as RALPH NEW ZEALAND.
4. PICTURE PREMIUM NEW ZEALAND — Same company as RALPH. I was the founding Editor of this NZ version of the popular Australian men's magazine. Sold lots in its day but the NZ version is no longer being published.
5. NZX — I created NZ's most successful “adult magazine”. It's published through a company called Vixen, who also stage the Erotica Expo. NZX is no.1 in its market, outselling Playboy etc in New Zealand. I'm still Editor of that.
On the aforementioned magazines I worked with many photographers, doing art direction, before getting behind the lens myself. I started doing fight photography in 2006 for ROGUE magazine, and glamour photography in 2007.
WHEN: Message me to make a date for a shoot or arrange a preliminary meeting to discuss doing a shoot. I'm based in downtown Auckland.