Ken Stein PhotographyPhotographer Male Brooklyn, New York, US
My Website: Ken's PhotostreamMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/kenstein
Mayhem # 897094
Although I'm known for my published street photography, I also shoot fashion-editorial, actor head shots as well as boudoir/pin-up photography. I enjoy creating sets of theme-based images and concepts.
How I prefer to work:
- Please contact me through email at kensteinphotography AT gmail DOT com - - direct email works well for me.
- GOOD MAKEUP MAKES A DIFFERENCE. If you need help please ask me how a talented and reasonably priced MUA can help make your shoot great .
- I must be able to confirm your email address and telephone number before we shoot. Proof of age is necessary, models should be 20 years and older. Please have real photo id. Standard form releases will be signed.
- Sometimes I work with one or two assistants who help with clothing, set and lighting as well as with post production. Sometimes these assistants are college interns. Models know and approve who is coming before a shoot.
- Escorts are fine, all I ask is that I know who is coming before a shoot.
- Please be a nice person.
- Proof images are typically delivered by way of a third-party web service in a prompt manner.
- I'm not a fan of the "behind the scenes shot" thing. Cellphone image capturing or Instagram-ing of my set, camera, computer, equipment, etc is verboten.
- Under NO circumstances should you or anyone involved in a shoot bring an animal with them.
- It's okay to cancel after scheduling a session, just say so before the shoot. No harm, no foul.
- Although I will respond to texts and reply to Facebook messages, I am reluctant to set up shoots that way. Please contact me at kensteinphotography AT gmail DOT com - - direct email is reliable and it works best for me.
- It's better if you let me deejay our studio session.
- Reading is fundamental.
In order to keep my friends list clean and easy to sort through, I only add people I've worked with. It's my way of remembering who I want to give good references for.
Please understand that it is impolite and disingenuous to plan a TF shoot and then suddenly ask the day before if I will pay your rate - - nuff said.
I like when there's pizza for my assistants or most anything that will make them happier. I <3 gift cards.
I <3 gift cards.
I am a Zivity artist/photographer and have been actively recruited by various Cosplay sites.
Have you worked with Ken Stein Photography? Add Credits for Ken Stein Photography! >>
New York Times (3x)
TimeOut New York
New York Magazine
Harper Collins Press
Playscripts, Inc. (Cover image, 2012 catalog)
Photography for The Brick Theater & Piper McKenzie Theater, Brooklyn, NY
Photography for Bellyqueen Dance Company => http://www.bellyqueen.com/
Bohemian Soul => http://www.bohemiansoul.org/
It's My Hair Magazine
All For One Theater Group
Keen Theater Group
The 2009-2011 Playbill editions for the New York City Fringe Theater Festival
Bunches and bunches of law school textbooks
The Gothamist on countless occasions
Many, many, many theater groups
Lots and lots and lots of Middle Eastern/belly dancers and troupes