Dave CairnsPhotographer Male Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
My Website: Facebook - Dave Cairns PhotographyMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/marleysghost
Mayhem # 902971
I'm a filmmaker and photographer who is interested in a wide range of artistic styles and themes. I work as media producer so I am often looking for people for work-related projects as well as my own personal projects. While I am primarily a filmmaker, I have a passion for photography as well and am looking for work on varying kinds of projects. I especially want to expand my experience working with models. Shooting trees and buildings is fun for a while but I really prefer working with people.
Please understand that I really only 'friend' people who I have some possibility of working with, by which I mean people from Australia or New Zealand or will be traveling here soon. If you're looking just to keep track of my work, may I suggest showing the 'favourite' button some love.
I'm hoping to meet people I can learn from, explore new ideas and improve my skills as a visual artist.
Please check out my directorial showreel here;
Please take a look at my website and if you would like to connect with me on Facebook, my url is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dave-Cai … 5429335846
You can also check out my book 'The Sacred Image: A Photographic Exploration of Eastern Orthodox Iconography' at http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/687868
- A Couple of Working Conditions -
1. Especially for paid shoots, I do like to meet the model before hand where it is possible. This is to ensure that we can work together and to sort the particulars of any given shoot well before the day.
2. For individual shoots, please give at least 24 hours notice before cancellation and 72 hours for group projects, where is humanly possible. I will adhere to the same rules.
3. As of the 1st of July 2012, I do require models to complete a talent release form to make clear ownership of the material. I will, of course, give practically unrestricted use of any photos, except for publication (and even then I generally just want and acknowledgement and a copy).
4. I do generally turn over projects within four weeks of the shoot. However, as this is not my full-time job, sometimes things do come up and I need additional time. However, you'll generally find that you'll get a lot more photoshopped images from me than from other photographers (the last model I worked with received 150 full photoshopped images from the shoot).
5. While I do understand that sometimes people want raw images from a shoot for there own photoshopping requirements, I reserve the right not to release images with I feel are unusable (very blurry, highly over or under exposed, etc). A full contact sheet of raw images will be provided on request.
6. For reasons relating to my full-time job, I generally don't shoot with people under 16 years of age unless it is specific to the concept. For models between 16 and 18, I must insist that they are accompanied by a parent, guardian or other responsible adult over 21. Parents and guardians please note that I do have a full Working With Children certification under the Victorian system.
7. As you can see from my portfolio, I do shoot art nudes. However, for both personal and professional reasons, I will not shoot anything I feel is in overly bad taste, pornographic, or degrading to the subject.
8. I won't do any shoots that I feel are sacrilegious or demeaning to any religious faith. I have a fair amount of both practical and theoretical knowledge of religion and art and am more than willing to answer any questions people may have on the subject.
PS: I`m the first to admit that I`m a plus sized guy but I`m always interested in what its like on the other side of the camera so if anyone wanted a bigger guy I would be open to posing.
- Models -
Lee Cohen - #820260
Anusuya - #2186758
Jen Diamond - #1299532
Aquene - #2148892
Alison Adriano - #2285059
Dominique Allis - #1732422
Janine Gentille - #1784939
Ros Miller - #1345197
Bianca Nicholson - #1893629
Suziie Elizabeth - #777623
r4mOn - #1117231
- Makeup Artists -
Lee Cohen - #820260
Barbaricus - #2291034
- Recommendations -
"I thoroughly enjoyed shooting with Dave Cairns. He was great to work with - respectful & fun with good Model direction. I'd be happy to recommend Dave to other Models."
Jen Diamond - #1299532
- Awards -
Ignite Film Festival 2013 - 'Promises' - Best Script
Ignite Film Festival 2012 - 'Two Tress' - Best Script
Ignite Film Festival 2011 - 'Take It On' - Best Director
Ignite Film Festival 2011 - 'Take It On' - Best Cinematography
Ignite Film Festival 2011 - 'The Life-Age' - Runner Up, 'Sanctity of Life' Category
Ignite Film Festival 2010 - 'Remember Me' - Best Film
Ignite Film Festival 2010 - 'Remember Me' - Best Script
Ignite Film Festival 2009 - 'The Conversation' - Best Script
Ignite Film Festival 2008 - 'Seven Short Films About Stones' - People's Choice Award
Ignite Film Festival 2008 - 'Seven Short Films About Stones' - Best Script
Ignite Film Festival 2007 - 'We Three Kings of Orient Aren't' - Best Script
Campfire Online Film Festival - 'Tears' - Official Selection
Campfire Online Film Festival - 'Chasing' - Official Selection
Ignite Film Festival 2006 - 'On The Slab' - People's Choice Award
Black Stump Shorts Film Festival 2006 - 'Saturday' - Honourable Mention
Ignite Film Festival 2005 - 'Tears' - Best Silent Film
Black Stump Shorts Film Festival 2005 - 'Hannah's Dream' - 3rd Place