Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Y-Me Race this sunday in Chicago

Photographer

Rich Mohr

Chicago, Illinois, US

Mother's Day hasn't been the same for me for quite a while now. I lost my mom to a heart attack the Friday before the holiday. I remember the last conversation we had the day she died. I had asked her if she needed anything special for Mother's Day. She contently replied she had already recieved all she could ever need. She was a fighter, having battled epilepsy all her life and a score of other health issues. Through all the tough times she persevered and successfully married and raised two kids. I no longer feel the pain of loss but I carry the joy of the time spent with her deep in my heart.
The reason I'm posting this is quite simple. Another lady who means a lot to me is having a tough time right now. Her name is Gen and she's on in my picture section, you might have checked her out before. She's running in the Y-Me Breast Cancer race in Chicago this sunday. I'm going out to support her. I ask you all to think about your moms today and be thankfull of the time you have with them. This life is very short and each day is a gift. Treasure the ones you love!
If you would like to donate/sponson Gen in the race, please click on the link below! Hope to see some of you at the race!!

Rich
773-677-5163

http://race.y-me.org/site/TR?pg=persona … px=1295373

May 05 05 01:26 pm Link