Forums > Critique > New Pic's!!!

Model

Sian_Davey

Dorchester, England, United Kingdom

Hi,

Just put up some new pic's..what do you think?

xx

Sep 08 05 10:02 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

What do you think of them?

Paul

Sep 08 05 10:30 am Link

Model

Sian_Davey

Dorchester, England, United Kingdom

I'm really happy with them and think they show me well, but its always good to get other views, on how to improve etc...some advice etc...

thanks x

Sep 09 05 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Your avatar is the only good new one.  I'd kill the other three.

Paul

Sep 09 05 07:37 pm Link

Photographer

Rya Nell

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Well...  as far as the white coat series go -I think they have their strengths.

"The color white coat on tree":  Face is lit in a completely satisfying way.  Really lovely.  But I don't think your body position vs. camera position is flattering. 
And the composition suffers accordingly.  Also exposure is off in patches.  But color is generally good. 

"Black&white white coat full body":  Good lighting overall, but I don't think your body is positioned in the most effective way.  I don't like how the perspective shortens your body.  I do like your face, your hair, the detail in the ground, the lighting, and overall tonal range.

"Blue train" is OK.  Don't love it.  Don't hate it. 

Overall not bad.  Strong effort, but would benefit from better pose postions, attention to composition, and tighter exposure control.  I am holding your work to a higher scale because its obvious that you are not a begginer per se.
My advice:  Learn what camera angle/body position combos are most flattering and least flattering.  At your next shoot, you'll be able to adjust yourself accordingly.

Sep 10 05 06:56 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Paul Ferrara wrote:
Your avatar is the only good new one.  I'd kill the other three.

Paul

Definetly like this idea. The head shot is the only one that shows you as the focus of the photo. The other ones are too far back so there is alot of background in them taking away from you.
The head shot is really good though.

Sep 10 05 07:10 am Link