Forums > Critique > I just shot my mother. (wow, that sounds horrible)

Photographer

KARELEA Photo & Makeup

Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain

I just shot my mother. Yes my actual mother, she 42 but has awesome features and I've always wanted to shoot her although I wish I could have done that in her youthfull days. Since I model as well I have always wanted to capture that in my mom... interesting enough other consider it weired shooting close relatives.
I'd love to hear what you think. The photo (you can see in in the avatar) is retouched in a soft glamour style in b&w which adds old hollywood character I think.

Sep 09 05 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

You did a good job with her.  Congrats.

Paul

Sep 09 05 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Rya Nell

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Wow!  Great work in your port overall.  Completely pro stuff.   Your technique is superb.  And great job on your mother.  Hope that my future wife keeps up so well -wherever she is...  But yeah, your mom looks amazing.     

BTW I feel your worst shot is the cowgirl one.  I don't think its as strong as your other stuff. 

But again.  Love your work.  I'm adding you to "my favorites."

Keep up the good work!

Sep 10 05 07:19 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Did i read that right and the avatar is your mom? For just shooting her she looks great.......(pun intended)   LOL

Actualy your mom looks better than some models that are 18. She is very beautiful and youthful. Are there any photos of yourself on your port?

EDIT:  NVM i just found your port     WOW  WOW  WOW    sorry so many WOW's but  OMG WOW

Sep 10 05 07:41 am Link

Photographer

Lara Photographie

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I can see where you got your good looks from! Your mum looks fabulous. A great portfolio, but I have to agree on the cowgirl image. I look forward to seeing more work!

Sep 11 05 04:16 am Link