Forums > Critique > Do I have a snowball's chance in hell?

Model

bosljeff

I am getting into this modeling "thing" kinda late, but based on at least the first 5 "modeling" pix (I took the first 2 myself) in my port; do you think I may be able to supplement my day job and maybe in an ideal world quit my day job in the persuit of modeling?

My portfolio:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=31291

Sep 09 05 08:59 pm Link

Photographer

Rya Nell

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Well, everybody wants to quit their dayjob...  but the question is futile.  If you aren't making that kind of cash now, you don't have the option to quit your dayjob (unless you've got a rich uncle).  So why bother considering it.  Keep the job.  Model part time if you really want to do it. Work on getting some better shots in your port.  Good luck.

Sep 10 05 05:30 am Link

Photographer

Fireflyfotography

Las Colinas, Panamá, Panama

reguardless of your looks for the most part you need to live in NY to model full time

Sep 11 05 04:46 pm Link

Model

bosljeff

Thanks for the input guys. 

Yeah, I know I NEED to move.  I am doing everything in my power to get onto a fire department in LA or around NY, so yeah, I am trying.  Thanks for the advice.

Sep 11 05 07:33 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

davidealoca1

Jacksonville, Florida, US

I think you have a look I would love to use for my clothing... if you lived in Florida at least...lol.

Keep working at it, it all pays off in the end.

David-Eric

Sep 12 05 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

usedfilm

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Well, I have to disagree with living in NY to go full time with this.  Now, I don't know if you could do it full time in an Idaho market but I have known countless numbers of full time models (print and editorial) in markets like Dallas, Houston, Denver, Seattle, Chicago, and here in my town of Atlanta.

From looking at your pics I can't confidently tell you that you could do this full time.  You do look like you could make it more in the TV/Film industry more than in print modeling.  It seems from your portfolio that you are an actor first and foremost.  My suggestion to you would be take print work if you can get it but focus your time and energy on TV/Film work.  Don't forget the lucrative corporate video work as well.

"Hi I'm Bob.  And Acme just made a new bed pan that I'm here to tell you about."  Said with a smile and a $2,500/day pay check.  smile

Cheers,
Zack

Sep 13 05 01:38 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Elizabeth

San Francisco, California, US

You are a handsome man; however, it seems that you are truly destined for films.  Get your tail to LA and get onto some film or television work.  Best of luck to you in all that you pursue smile

Sep 13 05 10:59 pm Link