Forums > Critique > Teach me something.

Photographer

PlasticPuppet

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

So this is the first time I've opened my self up for a critique of this nature.  But the reason why I'm doing this isn't for cheap pat's on the back, rather, I'm the type of person that is always wanting to learn more.  In fact, I'm not happy unless I'm learning.

I have been shooting for only 10 months but I have hit a stagnant period where I have not taken a picture of a person in nearly 2 months. However, that is about the change shortly, I have a photo session with my girlfriend (MM # 6435) and I want to hit the ground running and evolved.

So yeah... take a look.

Sep 09 05 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

It looks to me like you only shoot with her and she only shoots with you.  Ever consider branching out?  wink 

Your port isn't bad from what I can see but it's different enough from mine that I'm not going to try to critique it.  Your lighting in general looks good though.

Paul

Sep 09 05 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

PlasticPuppet

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Paul Ferrara wrote:
It looks to me like you only shoot with her and she only shoots with you.  Ever consider branching out?  wink 

Your port isn't bad from what I can see but it's different enough from mine that I'm not going to try to critique it.  Your lighting in general looks good though.

Paul

Funny you should mention that, I actually used to do alot of different peoplpe, but I didn't like the pictures enough to include in a very concise portfolio.  She is continuing to branch out, next week she has a couple shoots, I however stagnant...

Any at rate, thank you those are kind words, and then lesson learned from you is... branch out tongue

EDIT -- perhaps once I get a few more people into my portfolio I will once again put my head on the chopping block so to speak smile

Sep 10 05 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Rya Nell

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

If Cruella is your woman, then you're a lucky man.  Mac daddy compliments aside, I'd say switch up your approach more.  Although there are some subtle differences from shot to shot, they all have the same kind of Feel to them. 

You've got some good shots in there.  "Ember" has great lighting.  The Cruella stuff is generally good. "Lisa&robin" nicely done.  Well lit, nice colors.  "Legion/Artemis" is your worst shot.

Overall, your work is good but would benefit from creative experimentation.

Sep 10 05 04:37 am Link