Forums > Critique > Critiques wanted!

Photographer

Lara Photographie

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Coming up to my two years of photography mark, looking for feedback. Slash away!

Sep 11 05 04:21 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Your port looks good.  A couple of nits: your picture of Kate looks too contrived.  There are better poses.  And your pics of Elan and Ashley are poorly lit.  Get less light on the background and more on the model.  Ditto for Ashley's pic.  Your best is the one of Allison.  Great shot.

Paul

Sep 11 05 04:28 am Link

Photographer

Lara Photographie

ooo quick response! I do agree with the kate picture, jeans and no top is a little bit tired. Ashley and Elan are lit from behind through plexi glass with daylight on the faces, guess I will have to play with that more! the emphasis is definitely on the backlighting which is what I want.

Sep 11 05 04:36 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

You could try shooting with a darker background with direct light on the face.  Monte Zucker teaches that the position of the light to subject remains the same even if you put the model and light on a turntable (which some photographes used to have) and rotate it, leaving the camera position unchanged.  I need to play with this myself a bit (minus the turntable obviously).

Paul

Sep 11 05 04:53 am Link

Photographer

Lara Photographie

thanks for your input! smile

Sep 11 05 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

usedfilm

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I wish my work would have been at your level when I was 20.  I'm 32 FWIW.  smile

My main crit would be to edit the images down to showing one per shoot unless you have a specific series you are trying to accomplish.

Cheers,
Zack

Sep 13 05 02:12 pm Link