Forums > Critique > Critique this photo

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

Sep 12 05 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

C Hansen Photography

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

It's a toss up between #1 and #3 but I'm leaning to #3.  I like the colors in #1 more but you can make out more of the model's facial features and her eyes better in #3.

Chris

Sep 12 05 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

The only one i like is #2 but i would still tweak the color a bit more to make it more vibrant.

Sep 12 05 05:45 pm Link

Model

Kemara

Tavares, Florida, US

::*waves*:: hi benny!!
I like em all, but mainly #2 and 3, i think I like #3 more though I agree w/Chris.

Sep 12 05 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Yuriy

Gillette, New Jersey, US

Although the eyes are darker I think it is somewhat stronger than 3. Also the background is already kind of blown out and in 3 it's worse.
Were these bracketed at 1/2 stop?

Sep 12 05 05:48 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I can't believe these are bracketing differences
It looks like variations in PS manipulations
2 looks the most "correct"
3 looks greenish
1 looks like 3 was layered over 2
(which I know it wasn't)
it kinda looks like slight white balance shifts
we do in movie shoots with flourescent correction filters
so I guess
it depends what you're going for

Sep 12 05 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Personally, I wouldn't select either, because I don't like tilted shots. Had her head been angled more to (her) right, at least her face would've been straight on and I wouldn't have to tilt my head to get a good look at her face.

But, let's get past my personal pet peeve for a moment and for the sake of argument, her head was tilted right. Then, I'd do a number 2. ...errr...I mean, I'd "go" with number 2 with the background of 1. Make any sense?

This is a model shot for her book/port I presume. I'd make sure the model doesn't blend in too much with the background as she does in 1 and 3. Her normal looking skin complexion in 2 makes her stand out more and makes the blown out area on the right side of the pic somewhat less distracting.

In fact, if I had this pic in PS, I'd try to find a way to mute that blown out area a bit more.

Correction. I'd stick with the background in 2.

Sep 12 05 06:44 pm Link