Forums > Critique > Honest opinions please!

Model

Missa Merickel

Tucson, Arizona, US

Hi MMers!! Just getting started here on model mayhem.  View my portfolio and let me know what you think!  Thank you!  You're all great!  I love this site!
-MissaMerickel

Sep 12 05 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Hmmm, I like some of the images.  I wish you would limit yourself to one image per shoot, the best one.  I am funny about that.  I think a portfolio is not measured by its quantity but by its quality.  So pick the best from each shoot and skip second best.

However, I do have one more comment that I think is significant.  It is fine that you don't want to do either lingerie and nudity.  Say that is a simple statement like:  "I am not available for either lingerie or nudity."

I was put off by the statement "Out of a deep respect for modesty and grace ..."  I found that appeared condescending and disrespectful of models who do choose to do either.  If you want to limit what you do, which is totally fine, do it with simple language.  Just because you don't want to do it doesn't mean it is inappropriate for others to do so.

Just my thoughts, you asked after all!

Sep 12 05 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

RobHowardStudios

Mount Pleasant, Michigan, US

I like the dance shots and the one called tracks. The rest are not so great.

Keep on testing. Try new photographers too.

Sep 12 05 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

usedfilm

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I agree with Rob on keeping the dance photos and to keep on testing.  I would nix all of the others because there is a real lack of quality in those images.  Please note that as a photographer, I critque the photograph first.  smile

Cheers,
Zack

Sep 13 05 02:27 pm Link

Photographer

Images By Ijumo

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I am leaning toward the opinions of Rob & Zack, the dance photos are the strongest pieces by far.  I do like "Abandoned" though I think the shot is too far away and is making the doorway too long (I would have fugded it in photoshop to make the doorway shorter if I had missed the shot in the shooting).  I also like the artwork in "Graphtii" but your pose is not strong enuff to counterbalance the artwork behind you. The rest of the shots are ok but not great.  Keep testing and Im sure you will build a stronger port. Good Luck

Sep 13 05 02:44 pm Link

Model

Missa Merickel

Tucson, Arizona, US

Thank you for all the feedback!  I will keep testing and I appreciate the honesty...even if it stings a little...LOL! 
Missa

Sep 13 05 02:48 pm Link