Forums > Critique > I want a real critique

Model

Cate

Stanford, California, US

Please give me any advice and tell me which shots I should keep, which I should nix, and perhaps what more I need.

Sep 13 05 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

joe duerr

Santa Ana, California, US

If you want a real critique put together a book and take it to a few agencies. I have not seen a real critique on this site. I have not looked at a lot of the critique threads but what I have seen is not real world.

Sep 13 05 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

usedfilm

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hi Cate,
If you were putting a page together for myspace.com or for a dating site, all of your images are fine.  Being this is a site for models all your photos tell me is what you basically look like and that you have an interest in starting a career in modeling.

If these are photos you are trying to get paid work from, then you need to nix every last one of them and pay a good photographer/stylist team to help you with your initial images.  A good team can build a 10 to 15 image book for you over a day or two of shooting that will be leaps and bounds above your current selection of photos.

Cheers,
Zack

Sep 13 05 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

Cate, no critique needed for snapshots. What you really need to do is shoot with some good photographers and get some professional images first, you only need a few to show. I don't think your pics were done by a real photographer and if he claimed to be then threaten to kill him if he points a camera at you again. smile

Sep 13 05 01:20 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

usedfilm wrote:
Hi Cate,
If you were putting a page together for myspace.com or for a dating site, all of your images are fine.  Being this is a site for models all your photos tell me is what you basically look like and that you have an interest in starting a career in modeling.

If these are photos you are trying to get paid work from, then you need to nix every last one of them and pay a good photographer/stylist team to help you with your initial images.  A good team can build a 10 to 15 image book for you over a day or two of shooting that will be leaps and bounds above your current selection of photos.

Cheers,
Zack

Well said.

Sep 13 05 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

joe duerr

Santa Ana, California, US

usedfilm wrote:
Hi Cate,

Cheers,
Zack

A true master of diplomacy. Thank you.

Sep 13 05 01:31 pm Link

Model

Cate

Stanford, California, US

Oy! Most of those were from professional photographers.

Thanks for the input.

Sep 13 05 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

Rya Nell

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Yep.  What everybody else said.

Sep 13 05 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

To me they are on the line of professional and snap shots, they can be either. If they are all done by "Professional" photogs maybe picking out others to post from what they gave you?

Sep 13 05 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

RobHowardStudios

Mount Pleasant, Michigan, US

I like the one where you are pressed into the grafitti wall, and the mood of the last 2. There really is not a much that I like about any of the rest of them. The one where you are upside down in bed is not too bad.

Definitely no professional portfolio there. It would be very tough to get to a casting with what you have.

I think I have to go with the other guys and say that you should build with some good shooters before asking for a critique. Most of your posing needs work. Your concepts need work. Your makeup needs work. Your styling needs work. The photography is flawed on many levels. I'd hate to just tear your pictures apart. So, I'll shut up.

Sep 13 05 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

cjid

Huntington Beach, California, US

Best Ones:
1. Profile pic
2. One of you behind red background
3. grafitti wall
4. You looking out the window  (My fav)

Sep 13 05 05:35 pm Link