Forums > Critique > so, give it to me straight

Model

Hungrey Eyes

Springfield, Oregon, US

take a look at my photos. i'm new to modeling and i would like some advice.

Sep 13 05 04:16 pm Link

Model

angelavasquez

Murrieta, California, US

what a small world! My name is Angela too!!!big_smile
well You need better shots. Your an attractive,yet unique looking girl. ANd you need better shots to showcase your beauty.you need CLEAR headshots and body shots that show your versatility. this is a business and you have to try to make the client want to use you as a model. you need to sell yourself, so to speak.  what market of modeling are you hoping to get into? I would suggest maybe commercial or editorial even, cause your not tall enough for runway......Im sure youll find lots of work on here and photographers that will be willing to work with you on a Tfp basis....I hope this helps......big_smile

Ciao
Angela
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

best of luck to you!

Sep 13 05 04:27 pm Link

Model

Hungrey Eyes

Springfield, Oregon, US

Thanks for the advice.

Sep 13 05 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Angela, I agree with AV, you need to try and focus on a few distinctive style of photographs and select a few experienced photographers that are on the same page as your ideas aimed at getting you more mainstream images.
Or, you can just shoot as many TFP/CD session as you can to fill your portfolio with "filler" images and get tons of experience driving to and from photo sessions that do nothing for your portfolio.

The bright side is, I host the photographer and model meet and greet in Tacoma, WA. And will invite you to the next event so you can meet and shoot with several photographers at one time.
I’ve also offered to meet you to shoot (TFCD) when both our schedules coincide.

I wish you luck and I’m available to answer any questions you have.

Craig

Sep 13 05 09:58 pm Link

Model

Hungrey Eyes

Springfield, Oregon, US

bump

Sep 16 05 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Hungrey Eyes wrote:
take a look at my photos.

I failed to see a sense of purpose in any of the images displayed.  Perhaps you could provide some enlightenment; what is it you are modeling?

Sep 16 05 07:11 pm Link