Forums > Critique > LA MUA...just added 2 new ones

Makeup Artist

Kate Couture

Los Angeles, California, US

I don't know how to alter images (yet)...but, the two photos I just added ("the present") need to be more vibrant.  What can I do?
And, what do you think?

xo Kate

Sep 13 05 10:28 pm Link

Photographer

Isaac Klotz

Oakland, California, US

in photoshop or any photo editing program you can play with the colors of the image to try to get whats there looking a bit more vibrant.  increasing the contrast a bit will naturally make the colors a bit more saturated.  that may add the pop you are looking for.  or you can adjust the color on its own, separate from the levels. 

the wide shot with the model in the box looks a little empty to me.  perhaps you can add more ballons or decorations to the shot, but it might be hard to do this and sell it as something which belongs in the shot.  cheesy computer effects wouldn't help anything, but something subtle which looks like it was on your set would add more color then the blank white backdrop.  but, that wide shot may be a low priority if you are trying to pimp your makeup skills.  out of the box, her face is so small its hard to see everything you've done.

Sep 14 05 05:18 am Link

Photographer

MyPhotos217798

Baltimore, Maryland, US

kittykate wrote:
I don't know how to alter images (yet)...but, the two photos I just added ("the present") need to be more vibrant.  What can I do?
And, what do you think?

xo Kate

Learn all you can about CURVES in photoshop.  You can get exactly what you want quickly once you master curves.

I sent you a message have a look in your inbox please.

Sep 14 05 08:32 am Link

Makeup Artist

Kate Couture

Los Angeles, California, US

properlyexposed wrote:

Learn all you can about CURVES in photoshop.  You can get exactly what you want quickly once you master curves.

I sent you a message have a look in your inbox please.

THANK YOU, they are much better!

And, yeah the one out of the box doesn't say much for me...I just figured it'll help tell a story.  An angent won't be seeing that one  smile

Thanks guys!

Sep 14 05 11:58 am Link