Forums > MM Market > For Sale: Contax Carl Zeiss 85 f/1.4 Planar T*

Photographer

Adam Jarus

Raleigh, Illinois, US

I'm selling my extremely sharp Contax Carl Zeiss 85 f/1.4 Planar T* West German model, that I have used on my Canon 1D Mark II for a few weeks now, the lens is a gem that produces beautiful images with amazing Bokeh. This lens is fantastic, the only reason I'm selling I have more need for a zoom lens. The lens comes with an adapter that allows you to use it on a Canon Eos body, the lens is maunal focus only but meters in AV, TV, and M modes. The color saturation is amazing from this lens, I have samples available if you want too see.  I'm asking $800 o.b.o plus shipping for the lens. Pictures are available just email me at [email protected] .

Thank you for looking.

Sep 14 05 11:56 am Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

bump

Top lens.  Pretty fair price.  Almost worth buying a body just to use the lens.

-D

Oct 28 05 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

I'm bumping this up because this deserves attention. I have and use the same lens on my Contax RTS 3. It's a BEAUTY. I use mine extensively. For those who drool over good bokeh, it's got the most beautiful bokeh of any lens I own (and I own quite a few lenses in different systems/formats). It's fast, gives a very bright viewfinder image, and it's a Zeiss Planar, a lens formula that gives a certain presence and texture that's unrivalled by anything but a (much more expensive) Leica Summicron.

It's lighter than most good zooms. And if manual focus doesn't bother you (it doesn't bother me), I actually prefer this (and most Zeiss glass for Contax) to the Canon L series, specifically the 85 f1.2L. Something to think about...

Oct 31 05 02:05 am Link