Forums > Critique > let me know whatcha think

Photographer

photochrisaz

Queen Valley, Arizona, US

i would like CONSTRUCTIVE critism on what you think of my pics. if you are gonna be a jackass and be rude, dont bother.

Sep 14 05 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

Well I'm going to say you need more variety in the outfits and the poses. Shoot some models wearing everyday outfits, basically with more clothes on. Showing different styles will attract more models. Lighting seems to be good.
You need closer headshots (you have none) and some more full body shots with the model standing, also some outdoor shots.

Now, I notice you're using the "angle" shots which is good to do off and on but the problem here is you overuse it and by looking at your images you use the tilt only going one way which has the model always leaning to the left when you look at the image. You're second row kinda reminds of a winning slot machine. Try not using the same type of shots next to each other.

That's some basic stuff. There will be more advice from others.

Gary
www.glamourstudio.com

Sep 14 05 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

glamourmedia

Dallas, Georgia, US

I am sure that you are proud of these shots, you should be. Now add something. Do something with the light. You cannot make a good B+W shot by just removing color. Good shots in color are not great in B+W. Think about how you want it to look before you take the picture. Did you read that you like the diagonal lines or do you really like them? Do you really like that pose, you use the same one a lot, I have poses that I like too, just don't over use them. Feel free to give my stuff a look and tell me what you think too.

Sep 14 05 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

photochrisaz

Queen Valley, Arizona, US

well thanx for the better than i expected comments guys. you are both right in several instances. i am just so used to the that lean that i tend to forget anything else. i have passed on several close headshots because i dont think my ps skills are up to par. yes, lighting is in the process of changing. but what i may be missing is when i shoot 35mm b&w t the same time as color, it looks fine. maybe another suggestion on that topic would be good. and lastly, yes, i need outdoors work, but when this summer temp was reaching 115, i couldnt think of nor find a model that was willing to venture out. now with daytime temps barely reaching 100, ill get out more.

Sep 15 05 12:56 am Link