Forums > Critique > Pick me, Pick me!!! Hot or not?

Model

Jennifer Elizabeth

San Francisco, California, US

Hello all,
My first thread did not get any attention so I am trying another subject line... I truly desire feedback on my pictures and look.  I am also in need of some direction towards the plus-size arena, any advice on how to get into that area???  All comments are truly appreciated smile

Sep 14 05 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

glamourmedia

Dallas, Georgia, US

Before I start, let it be known that I am full of crap tonight. I believe that all images are the responsibility of the photographer. I think you need a better one. You have a very beautiful face but the cheese cake think does not work with you. Find a photographer that can make you look your best.

Sep 15 05 12:22 am Link

Photographer

Nicholson Photography

Columbus, Georgia, US

that photographer must have worked at a glamour shots. stay far away from that. its not helping you at all.

Sep 15 05 08:17 am Link

Photographer

Images By Ijumo

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I agree with both the previous posts.. find a better photographer, one that can help you look your best in all of your shots.

Sep 15 05 08:26 am Link

Photographer

Stan Goldstein

New York, New York, US

In "The Smile"  your dress & your hair disappear into the background.  Not good.

Sep 15 05 09:24 am Link

Photographer

usedfilm

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I agree with others.  I can't get passed the bad photography. 

Cheers,
Zack

Sep 15 05 10:05 am Link

Model

Jennifer Elizabeth

WOW!  I appreciate all the feedback that was received, I had no idea that my photos looked so cheezy...  I guess I need to get a different person.  Thanks for the feedback, it helps more than you know.  Hope to work with some of you in the future.  Best of luck to all of you smile

Sep 15 05 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Fiz

Hanover, Illinois, US

It looks to me like your photographer is trying to hide the fact that you're plus size.  In his posing, and your clothing choices, in the pictures you have it looks like you're trying to hide the fact that you're plus size.  Thats great if you're working with a paying portrait client who wants to "look skinny" but its not so good for america's next top plus size model.  As a plus size, it seems to me that you have to *own* your look, be proud of who you are, because you're a beautiful woman.  BE plus size, exploit your curves, your pictures should be beautiful and flowing and feminine and soft, not cropped and sharp and hidden.  I would seek out a photographer who has experience photographing more curvy models.

Sep 15 05 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

glamourmedia

Dallas, Georgia, US

whoooo haaa
Where are the compliments? No shit bad photographer for her. What about the great face?

Sep 15 05 10:19 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Elizabeth

Fiz, thanks for the feedback in regards to "owning" my look as far as being a plus-size model goes.  A lot of that was actually my fault, due to not having enough confidence in myself at the time of the shoot.  I appreciate your feedback and will definitely work on owning my look in my next photoshoot. smile  Glamourmedia~ Thanks for the compliment, I needed that, it was a definite "pick me up!" xoxo

Sep 16 05 01:18 am Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

You're an adorable, beautiful lady. As stated ad nauseum, do some work with strong photographers. Wear clothes that flatter rather than diminish. Put those shoulders back, stand up straight and show off who you are. Confidence equals results. Your "Sassy and Vivacious" image stands out and flatters you so well. Bring that with you wherever you go. Size doesn't matter, appeal does. Bring it all out.

Sep 16 05 01:26 am Link

Photographer

Fiz

Hanover, Illinois, US

Fiz wrote:
As a plus size, it seems to me that you have to *own* your look, be proud of who you are, because you're a beautiful woman.

I really hope the second part of that sentance was as clear as the first.  Modeling is all about you.  If you're not sure who you are, how is anyone viewing the pictures going to know?

Sep 16 05 04:21 am Link

Model

Jennifer Elizabeth

Thanks so much Jim and Fiz~  I appreciate the feedback and positive comments as well, it will help me to propel to the next level.  I am in the process of looking to work with a variety of photographers and hopefully it will work out well for me.  Best of luck to the both of you as well smile
Jenn~

Sep 17 05 12:50 am Link