Forums > Critique > How do these market me?

Model

Reds

New York, New York, US

I've been getting conflicting feedback from a bunch of agents as to what kind of modeling i should be focusing on. How do you guys think these pics market me (they are from my most recent photo shoot). Be honest!

Sep 15 05 11:12 am Link

Photographer

MyPhotos217798

Baltimore, Maryland, US

The 1st photo of you laying in (bed?) is you all the way.  That is not a fake you, that is your smile and you being just you.  If I'm wrong shoot me, but I get that impression as soon as a look at the photo, and I REALLY like it. 

I wish the photographer had pulled back just a little to see your hand and a little more or your legs.  Also I'd like to see a little more of "your" right eye while still keeping your arm up over your face.  It almost appears is if your right eye is closed.  "Your" left arm seems to be pulling on your shoulder and could be a little less tense, and the way it is bent your upper arm is probably looking a little thicker that it really is.  It could be the way your hand and thumb is folded, not quite sure.

This shot reworked is the only one I see that would sell you, but this is my humble opinion. smile

Sep 15 05 11:47 am Link

Photographer

MyPhotos217798

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I reworked the photo I was talking about in Photoshop and gave it some life.  If you send me a private message with your email address I'd be happy to send it.  I'm positive when you see it you would replace the existing one.

Sep 15 05 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Reds wrote:
I've been getting conflicting feedback from a bunch of agents as to what kind of modeling i should be focusing on. How do you guys think these pics market me (they are from my most recent photo shoot). Be honest!

First, you didn't give the photographer any credit.  His name goes in the copyright field.

Your shot in the suit is the only one that will get you into an agency.  The lingerie shots will just make the photographers here hot.

Paul

Sep 15 05 12:14 pm Link

Model

angelavasquez

Murrieta, California, US

Reds wrote:

The one in the suit I would use if your going to submit for an agency, The lingerie will do nothing for you. I would say your most marketable as commercial or maybe even editorial. You have an amazing face, But your just not tall enough, to do runway, I mean that is if you were even thinking of doing runway......??? big_smile

Ciao
ANgela
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Sep 15 05 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

glamourmedia

Dallas, Georgia, US

Find a good or great photographer. Tell him/her what you want to look like and what you are trying to do. Get it done.

Sep 15 05 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

usedfilm

Atlanta, Georgia, US

IMHO... you have a unique look that is highly marketable to national magazine and Ad work.  Do not bother with up and coming photographers.  Find a reputable shooter and get a 10 image book focused on editorial with a handful of beauty shots.  If you need to spend a $1,000 on it then do it.  If you could get a very sharp and well shot book together, you won't be around this forum for long.  smile

If you were in Atlanta I would shoot with you in an instant.  I would build a team around you and shoot an entire book.  But... you aren't here and luckily for you NYC isn't short of photographers.  Just don't head out with inexperienced shooters.  You need much much better images than you currently have and you need some solid direction.

Cheers,
Zack

Sep 16 05 12:59 am Link