Forums > Critique > I would like honest constructive critisism

Photographer

Images By Ijumo

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I am looking for feedback on my portfolio.  I have not been behind the camera for long and most of my "technique" is self taught.  I would like honest constructive critisism so that I may learn and grow.  Im open to hearing from everyone in the industry so that i can see where i need to apply myself in getting better.

Thank you in advance

Sep 16 05 11:41 pm Link

Photographer

ARCHER

Youngsville, Louisiana, US

You can be very proud especially not having a lot of experience and being self taught. Your concepts and technique is refreshing and technically your work is very good.

You have good instincts, follow them.

Woody

Sep 17 05 04:57 am Link

Photographer

Rya Nell

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Pro:  Good effort.  Great energy.

Con: You should work on your lighting, and spend less time dressing shots up with photoshop (frames, tags, etc.) and more time shooting/practicing.

This is a subjective taste thing, but I generally don't like soft focus shots.  And I think excessive use of it will hender your growth as a photographer.

Sep 17 05 05:26 am Link

Photographer

Images By Ijumo

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Thank you guys for your feedback so far.. I hope to hear more soon.  I will take all advice to heart.

Sep 17 05 08:09 am Link

Photographer

commart

Hagerstown, Maryland, US

Can the graphics.

Keep your watermark small.

Keep the emphasis in your photography on the humanity of your subjects.

Let the photographs alone contain and convey your message.

Sep 17 05 11:02 am Link

Photographer

Images By Ijumo

Atlanta, Georgia, US

once again thanks for the feed back and i hear you; keep the image as raw as possible with out the fancy frills

Sep 17 05 06:54 pm Link