Forums > Critique > Looking for feedback

Photographer

Wicked Reflections

You guessed it, another photographer asking for different eyes and outlooks to review a portfolio. smile

I'm trying to avoid having heavily edited shots or the all nude portfolio, most of my work lately has been with glamour/boudoir shots and while they make the customer happy, they're not really portfolio quality shots.

Looking for both what I'm doing right, and what I need to work on.

Thanks in advance

David

Sep 18 05 10:54 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

I can't believe you had this beautiful blonde, naked yet, and all you could think to do with her is stand her in front of a tree. wink

Geez, I hate to be harsh, but I'd pitch everything and start over.  Time to study others' ports.  Look at the lighting and framing in particular.  We'll see how many other folks agree with me.

Paul

Sep 18 05 12:17 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Paul Ferrara wrote:
I can't believe you had this beautiful blonde, naked yet, and all you could think to do with her is stand her in front of a tree. wink

Geez, I hate to be harsh, but I'd pitch everything and start over.  Time to study others' ports.  Look at the lighting and framing in particular.  We'll see how many other folks agree with me.

Paul

Agreed.

Sep 18 05 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

I also agree with Paul , especially about the girl in front of the tree.  I will not shoot anyone standing in that position at any time clothed or unclothed it is just too boring and mundane a pose.  Learn to take an interesting picture of the tree first, then ask someone to take their clothes off and stand in front of an interesting tree - you will be further ahead.  I also find it hard to believe that you do not have clothed shots of these models either prior or after they arrive and immediately disrobe, in order to make themselves happy, so to me your choice is to present the nudes - maybe to attract more nudes.

Sep 18 05 07:53 pm Link