Forums > Critique > pick it apart....

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I know there is alot I need to work on as far as my posing and expressions go. I just want an overall opinion on if I'm working with good photographers , what could be improved, what I'm doing right, ect.

Yes, if there's anything you want to pick at go ahead, you won't hurt my feelings.

thanks smile

Sep 19 05 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Nicholson Photography

Columbus, Georgia, US

i would try and do something other than nude or pinup images. go outside of what you know and try some new ideas.

Sep 19 05 11:30 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Well, if this is what you want to do....it's not bad stuff. The pin-up look suits you. But Nicholson is right, I'd experiement around a bit for versatility.

Sep 19 05 11:33 am Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Thanks guys.
I have done some other styles of modeling ( clothed and not pin-up ), but have yet to recieve my images from the shoots, I doubt I ever will. 
I do have some future shoots setup that are geared as far as possible from pinup/nude as I can get.

Thanks again for your imput.

Sep 19 05 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Nicholson Photography

Columbus, Georgia, US

damn those photographers...
did you do tfps?
you can go after them for lost wages.

Sep 19 05 11:47 am Link

Photographer

RobHowardStudios

Mount Pleasant, Michigan, US

I think you are doing great. I like the other peoples advice about stretching into different genres.

Personally, tatoos is one of my peeves. Especially on a woman as sweet and pretty looking as you are. Somehow it works on you though. I see a lot of potential if I were to work with you. There is a lot about you that seems to be juxtapostion. I love what you offer in the way that there is something unexpected that shows in your images.

Honestly, you are doing a wonderful job as a model. The photography  in your book is very good too. Just keep on going. Strecth a little, and have some fun. I think you are doing everything right. If I were in Tennessee, I would shoot with you in a heartbeat!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Sep 19 05 11:59 am Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Nicholson Photography wrote:
damn those photographers...
did you do tfps?
you can go after them for lost wages.

Yep. smile
I did TFP.
I don't want to waste my time and energy chasing guys who are deadbeat photographers. I email and ask nicely making sure there is no confusion to the mailing address and/or other info. If I get no response or CD after two months I consider them to be a lost cause.
There are far too many honest and great ones out there to be working with. I will just be sure not to give a glowing reference if asked.

Sep 19 05 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

You're gorgeous and you have some great images.  I'd continue to go the way you're going.  The only one I'm not that crazy about is the headshot.  I'd get that replaced the next shoot you do.

Paul

Sep 19 05 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Rebecca Peloquin

Los Angeles, California, US

I really like the head shot a lot actually.  Its one of my favorites in the portfolio.  I think its a fabulous start, my recomendation would be to add some shots from various shoots you do whether still stylisticly pin up or not just so you dont repeat images from the same shoot.  That way it wont look like you've in essence only been shot a handfull of times.  Great job your a beautiful girl.

-Becky

Sep 19 05 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

The Photo Chick

Fayetteville, North Carolina, US

Paul Ferrara wrote:
You're gorgeous and you have some great images.  I'd continue to go the way you're going.  The only one I'm not that crazy about is the headshot.  I'd get that replaced the next shoot you do.

Paul

I do believe you're getting soft, Paul....

Sep 19 05 12:39 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

RobHowardStudios wrote:
I think you are doing great. I like the other peoples advice about stretching into different genres.

Personally, tatoos is one of my peeves. Especially on a woman as sweet and pretty looking as you are. Somehow it works on you though. I see a lot of potential if I were to work with you. There is a lot about you that seems to be juxtapostion. I love what you offer in the way that there is something unexpected that shows in your images.

Honestly, you are doing a wonderful job as a model. The photography  in your book is very good too. Just keep on going. Strecth a little, and have some fun. I think you are doing everything right. If I were in Tennessee, I would shoot with you in a heartbeat!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Thanks for the critique. Yes, I realize my tattoos can either be a plus or a minus with photographers and whether they do or don't want to work with me. This doesn't bother me. I knew when I started getting tattooed at 18 that it would limit my future in certain aspects.
As I stated earlier, I do have plans for future shoots that are not typical of what I have up now.

Sep 19 05 01:34 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Paul Ferrara wrote:

Paul

Again thanks for the advice and compliments Paul . I desperately wanted something up that was not nude. I have about 50 headshots to choose from, why I picked the one you hated the most is funny. smile
To be honest it's not my favorite either.

Sep 19 05 01:38 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Becky Peloquin wrote:
I really like the head shot a lot actually.  Its one of my favorites in the portfolio.  I think its a fabulous start, my recomendation would be to add some shots from various shoots you do whether still stylisticly pin up or not just so you dont repeat images from the same shoot.  That way it wont look like you've in essence only been shot a handfull of times.  Great job your a beautiful girl.

-Becky

Much appreciated.

Sep 19 05 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

The Photo Chick wrote:
I do believe you're getting soft, Paul....

Nah. wink

Paul

Sep 19 05 02:56 pm Link