Forums > Critique > Please tell me what you like / don't like.....

Photographer

Mangano Photography

Fresno, California, US

I am getting started as a photographer, and trying different styles.  Take a look and let me know.  All feedback is appreciated.

Sep 19 05 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

UneekArts

Wadesboro, North Carolina, US

When you blow out the whites, like in 4, 9 and 10, you can try to convert to B&W to save them but usually, they just need to go.

Style depends on what you like and that's what you should follow.

Sep 19 05 03:45 pm Link

Model

turkeysandcherries

Tampa, Florida, US

1 Big No-No: Model & Trees..99% of the time it just doesn't work..

Sep 19 05 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

glamourmedia

Dallas, Georgia, US

Dino,

The only ones I like are bad ass aaron and amanda in shadow. I do have some suggestions on both. lighting on bad as looks good probably could have done a better crop (in camera of course) maybe no time who knows? Amanda in shadow on the other hand looks like you had full control. I would have turned her body away from the light so that I could continue the line that you made between shadow and light all the way to the bottom of the fram instead of breaking it. I also would have left the skin tones in the light down to a normal level and used a silver reflector to bring up the slight highlights on the shadow side that you left in.

Bob

Sep 19 05 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

Rya Nell

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

The amanda ones are my favs.  Should have worked with that girl when I had a chance...  Beautiful eyes, which you have captured nicely.  Oh well.

Plus what everybody else said more or less.  Keep practicing.  Watch your highlights.

Sep 19 05 09:20 pm Link