Forums > Model Colloquy > Plus size alt models??

Model

Lexi Lithium

Tampa, Florida, US

Okay. I've been bouncing the idea around for sometime and chose to give it a shot. I've noticed that while there are loads of listing sites for plus size models, fashion models and those for alt slim models. Nothing really exsisted to support the plus size communitied of alt models. I've stumbled across them here and there. Nothing really to connect us though.

I decided to see how well one might go over. So the site is up with many important facts in the works as of the moment. A user data base - something similar to myspace/model mayhem. As of right now anything fund consuming will be done till serious intrest in the website is shown.

The site is dedicated to Retro, Rockabilly, gothic, fetish and punk [ in general alternative models] plus size models to show case them and put them on display. Also put them in touch with photographers who are seriously intrested in working with them or work primarly with plus size girls.

I'm working on a form field to ease sending info to me, a forum for people to net work and contact one another. I want Dangerous Curves to also be a supportive home for those just starting off. It's not always easy - some people can be quite crude.

I am also working on a photographers section. Just to show case those whom do work with them and would like to activly keep in touch with them to some degree.

Currently my own profile is up as an example of how many profiles will look. The information I provided is the same I wish for every model to provide for the website. I need three to six images of any wishing to apply. One clear head shot and one clear body shot is required. If you don't know your measurements it's easy to find out. Tailors tape is cheep and it's posable one of your friends owns one. Otherwise for the time being dress sizes will do nicely.

Understand that I am looking for actually plus size, curvy girls who are confident in them selves and their look. I'm not supporting being over weight and unhealthy. I my self walk regularly, watch what I eat and get enough sleep to maintain a proportioned figure. In the models I want to see the same, proportion. We wana show the healthy side of it! That not all alternative models are skinny girls.

There needs to be a positive influance for girls not so average. To show them they are beautiful and give them the chances to see what other girls are doing.

Alternitive Plus size model listing site

Sep 19 05 07:00 pm Link

Model

Prin S lea

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

Right on my BBW !!!
we need more women like you ~kisses~

Sep 19 05 07:07 pm Link

Model

Erin Robinson

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

*confused*

All I'm getting when I click the link is a blank white page.  I love your port, and I would like to see what you have going.  I think you've got a good idea here!!

Sep 19 05 07:22 pm Link

Model

Lexi Lithium

Tampa, Florida, US

Okay for whatever reason known [ unknown rather!] BBCode isn't being nice. Here is the URL for the website.

http://www.freewebs.com/dcmoldels/index.html

Seems ty has figured some things out..yay.

Sep 19 05 07:30 pm Link

Photographer

zeptae

Dunnville, Ontario, Canada

Excellent idea! smile

Sep 19 05 07:35 pm Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

Rock on smile

Sep 19 05 07:54 pm Link

Model

Lexi Lithium

Tampa, Florida, US

Secondary note! Any models ( or photographers ) wishing to join the Dangerous Curves Listing site please contact me here, or email me at [email protected]. I can send you the info I need for the website and it takes maybe five for me to do the code and put it up.

Sep 19 05 08:03 pm Link

Model

Erin Robinson

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

ah, that works much better!  Thank you.  You're off to a great start...I'd be interested, as soon as I get some more alt-ish pics to throw up there.

Sep 19 05 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

DumDum Productions

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Awesome - I've been looking for alt/plus models for awhile, but have had no luck. Sign me up!

Sep 19 05 10:03 pm Link

Model

Lexi Lithium

Tampa, Florida, US

small bump

Sep 20 05 02:58 am Link

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

Is this a joke? I've never known a plus size gal NOT into the 'alt' look. I've never looked but I would assume the web would be FLOODED with bigger 'alt' gals.

Sep 20 05 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

I guess none of you are familiar with voodoo dollhouse? Google it smile

Sep 20 05 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Lexi Lithium wrote:
Okay for whatever reason known [ unknown rather!] BBCode isn't being nice. Here is the URL for the website.

http://www.freewebs.com/dcmoldels/index.html

Seems ty has figured some things out..yay.

You are better off getting an real website. Not one through freewebs or geocities,etc.
Some free hosting places like that can claim copyright to anything you post on your site and use it as they see fit. I recall a few models who had pages on those two hosts and their photos ended up being used in ads on the site and others where they advertised their services. They were not even asked.Free is not always a good thing.

Sep 20 05 01:19 pm Link

Model

Lexi Lithium

Tampa, Florida, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

You are better off getting an real website. Not one through freewebs or geocities,etc.
Some free hosting places like that can claim copyright to anything you post on your site and use it as they see fit. I recall a few models who had pages on those two hosts and their photos ended up being used in ads on the site and others where they advertised their services. They were not even asked.Free is not always a good thing.

That much I do know of. No it won't stay with freewebs - its a temp stay over of sorts to see if it's worth buying a domain for and spending more aggressive time in it's set up. I'm not going to pour my self in to the project of buying a domain for it working hard at it as well as finding a decent host and paying a monthly fee only for it to fall appart.

Also Voodoo Doll house is an adult site. The girls are normaly required one topless set.Only thing is they don't get paid for it. It's a beautiful thing, but went down for 'reconstruction' a month ago and before that was not updated past january of this year. I want to do something thats going to be kept up todate and prove to be a good thing. The girls don't have to resorte to doing adult stuff. Any images they ask me to put up are of there chosing without the pressure of doing nudes. I know many of the models on VooDoo personal and they are wonderful girls - but not everyone wants to go that route.

And no, not all plus size girls are Alt. I've seen many who could be used mainstream and would like to be working there too. This is for those who are seriously alt in some fashion. You have to have a style to you not just " ooh I wear black lace and lipstick I must be goth!". I've got to be able to see it. Lepordprint doesn't make you punk nore wearing velvet makes you goth. Just as well their is no requirment to be apart of the Dangerous Curves family involving nudity.

Sep 20 05 06:20 pm Link

Model

Ictomi Trickster

Joliet, Illinois, US

Lexi, honey...

I'm in.

Sep 21 05 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Cspine wrote:
Is this a joke? I've never known a plus size gal NOT into the 'alt' look. I've never looked but I would assume the web would be FLOODED with bigger 'alt' gals.

I almost agree, I've seen way more plus size models doing or looking for "alt" work then plus size models doing or looking for "fashion" or "commerical" work.

But good luck with it though....but might I suggest maybe changing the name. "Dangerous Curves" seems to be so over used on so many websites now days and might even be a chance of copyright infringement. I did a search and there are well over 1200 copyright filings on that name or different forms of it.

just my opinion though

Sep 21 05 08:02 pm Link

Model

Lexi Lithium

Tampa, Florida, US

Icecold Images wrote:

I almost agree, I've seen way more plus size models doing or looking for "alt" work then plus size models doing or looking for "fashion" or "commerical" work.

But good luck with it though....but might I suggest maybe changing the name. "Dangerous Curves" seems to be so over used on so many websites now days and might even be a chance of copyright infringement. I did a search and there are well over 1200 copyright filings on that name or different forms of it.

just my opinion though

Thats helpful information. Like i've stated before this is more to see if there is going to be some serious intreste in such a site. Dangerous Curves was just a..temp name because I'm terrible about names without some input.

Sep 22 05 03:37 am Link

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

i hope i diddn't seem insulting, i like big goth gals too.

Sep 22 05 10:08 am Link

Model

Lexi Lithium

Tampa, Florida, US

Cspine wrote:
i hope i diddn't seem insulting, i like big goth gals too.

Lol no it's alright.

Sep 22 05 10:55 pm Link