Forums > Critique > Tell me what you think

Model

janellemarie68

Tampa, Florida, US

Hey friends. I have just added some more pics on my site, www.missjanellemarie.com. The newest pics are in the "In the Spotlight" section of my site. But I want to ask for your help. I have noticed that I have way too many photos on my entire site. If you get a chance check out the casual, fashion, glamour, lingerie, and swimwear links on the site and let me know which pics should stay and which should go. I would love to hear the feedback.

Sep 19 05 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

robert christopher

Snohomish, Washington, US

i dont know that you have too many images, but i would limit your pictures to one or two from each shoot, that will be hard to do with the number of good shots that you have, but it will force you to steamline your port a little.'absolutely great images though.

Sep 20 05 05:42 am Link

Model

janellemarie68

Tampa, Florida, US

Hey Robert, Thanks so much for the feedback.  That is what most people are say.  Also, like you said it will be very tough to just pick a couple, but it has to be done.  I guess having so many really takes away from the ones that are the better pics.

Sep 20 05 06:49 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Your site takes too long to load. I'll go back later....

Sep 20 05 06:54 am Link

Photographer

DanPhoto

Tampa, Florida, US

Janelle,  you definitely have to many images. Need to keep about 4 great images from each category. I also noticed that some of your images are lacking pop for example i saw a bunch with a dark background and you have dark hair the images are lacking separation lighting. Also a good amount of images are under exposed not very pleasing. I also notice a good amount of snap-shots you are a professional as a professional you should have top professional images. Swimwear images should mostly be on beach enviroment, especially since you have beachs everywhere in Florida.  I can see if you lived in the middle of the country where there is no beach. Enviromental images on beach should be taken during the 'golden hour'.  On a personal level if I saw image of you partying with drink in hand and tounge sticking out?? does not look very professional. Remember this site that you have is to sell your services as a model/spokesperson etc. It should look the best as possible. Remember better to have 10 great images then 40 combined. the not so great images will take away from the better images.  " less is more".

Drop me a line if interested in tfp, am in Tampa.

Dan

Sep 20 05 07:25 am Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

Your portfolio here is faster loading and much more impressive than your site, because it presents great images quickly and there is no clutter created by too many similar images.  You have wonderful images taken by some some very good  photographers choose the very best and relegate the rest to a members only area or pay site. smile

I do not mean anything with the paysite comment - but this is the only place i see the lesser images being of use on the net. smile

Sep 20 05 12:14 pm Link

Model

janellemarie68

Tampa, Florida, US

I really appreciate all of the comments posted so far.  You guys have really helped me out.  I plan on cleaning house this weekend.

Sep 21 05 07:57 am Link