Forums > Critique > New picture

Model

KristenMarie

Amherst, Maine, US

I would love to hear comments about my newest image. It was the first time posing with another person . .. let me know good or bad of what you think about it smile

Sep 20 05 10:10 am Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

Good OR bad is not the point.

There are good things about the image and nothing BAD about it and overall I kind of like it.  I said "kind of" because I like the concept and much of the execution, but am bugged when looking up a models nose - call me anything you like - but I just do not think it is flattering the model.  But if the intention is to display an unflattering attitude then is passes as a good image but it is not flattering and need not be on her profolio, unless she wishes to be cast for that pose.  The table is leaning off to one side.  This lean could be a purposeful lean but it is just the wrong tilt for me.

I did get a chance to notice the rest of your profile.  You have a lot going FOR you, just keep raising your standards every chance you get, and your career will be rewarding.

Sep 20 05 11:05 am Link

Model

KristenMarie

Amherst, Maine, US

Thank you so much for your comments. There was a lot of though process behind this image... our necklaces are off centered and off to the side, the table is off to the side, the other model has her head tilted up, kind of showing how this breakfast went bad, obviously with the drinking and looking all messy. But good observations, i see your point as well. Thanks again, any comments are greatly appreciated in helping me learn and grow!

thank you ! smile

~*Kristen

Sep 20 05 11:14 am Link

Photographer

Nicholson Photography

Columbus, Georgia, US

not digin the image. if you were going to do it, do it in a real place.
you have much better images than this one.

Sep 20 05 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

I think it's a great shot.  Sopczuk does fantastic work.

Paul

Sep 20 05 11:50 am Link

Model

KristenMarie

Amherst, Maine, US

Thanks for the comments everybody. I do agree that if we were in a resteraunt/bar setting that could have added to the image, but i do like the image as is also. tongue Ray is awsome with lighting.

Sep 20 05 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

OneLightFilms

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I think the shot is good for what it is. I couldn't call it fantastic, but it's good. I agree that you have some good stuff in your portfolio, but I personally would love to see more of a bad girl look from you. I think the  naughty side is something people respond to well, because we all have it inside, and to see someone letting it out is very interesting for people. And I think a lot of where a model can excel or fail lays in facial expression, because  thats where a lot of personality comes out. Just some  observations, I hope its helpful.

Sep 20 05 04:23 pm Link

Model

KristenMarie

Amherst, Maine, US

I will have some more images coming up soon, one of them is more of a bad girl image of me than those nice little sexy preppy girl images! So look out for that one! smile

Sep 20 05 10:11 pm Link