Forums > Critique > Critique on what I have so far...

Model

Rolette

Newtown, Pennsylvania, US

I'm getting a batch of new pictures sent to me on Friday from a recent shoot, but I am curious to know what people think of the ones I have up so far.  I've been agonizing over what to delete, what to keep up.  I'm trying to put up more age-appropriate/non-nude photos (but a majority of the nudes have just come out better, so I am in a very tight spot).

Anyone care to give suggestions as to how to go about making sure what I have displayed is more balanced (or at least so people do not get the idea I do strictly nude photos, besides the obvious of not posting any up?)

Thanks everyone smile

Sep 20 05 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Nicholson Photography

Columbus, Georgia, US

taken down what you have that are nudes, say you dont nudes and just fouces on fully clothed images.
next time you shoot... make sure the photographer irons the background out.

Sep 20 05 01:05 pm Link

Model

Rolette

Nicholson Photography wrote:
taken down what you have that are nudes, say you dont nudes and just fouces on fully clothed images.
next time you shoot... make sure the photographer irons the background out.

Thanks for the reply.  I really appreciate it smile

Do you think the pictures I have up so far are alright?  Once I get my CD on Friday, I will probably be taking down a few more of the nude photos.  But I try to also include at least something from each photographer that I have worked with.  Of course, I'm still waiting for a few sets, so that could take a while too haha!

Sep 20 05 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Coincidently, I was just looking at your port - you posted in another thread.  And you know what I was thinking?  I was thinking how could such a beautiful girl end up with such crappy images?  Then I saw this post.  You should come to Ohio, or find better photographers in Philly.

Paul

Sep 20 05 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

There are two lingerie images which are fine - the second lingerie image flatters you  - the rest can go.  Find a photographer who will teach you something about posing your beautful body and stick to stuff that accentuates your long goddess like figure.  Centuries ago they made statues of women with your figure (alled them veus and aphrodite etc) and the great masters painted you (many are called masterpieces) yet you thow this at anyone with a camera?

Your bio reads like your begging for photographers and should not be the case.

If you wish to take modelling seriously get serous about it!

Sep 20 05 04:09 pm Link

Model

Rolette

ProShotPhoto wrote:
There are two lingerie images which are fine - the second lingerie image flatters you  - the rest can go.  Find a photographer who will teach you something about posing your beautful body and stick to stuff that accentuates your long goddess like figure.  Centuries ago they made statues of women with your figure (alled them veus and aphrodite etc) and the great masters painted you (many are called masterpieces) yet you thow this at anyone with a camera?

Your bio reads like your begging for photographers and should not be the case.

If you wish to take modelling seriously get serous about it!

Thank you for your honesty.  I am serious about what I am doing, however it is taking quite a bit of time for me to build up my portfolio. 

I recently had the pleasure of working with Scott Church (MM#1052 I believe).  He taught me quite a bit about posing and I am hoping that future shoots will reflect what I have learned from him.  I plan on reviewing a little more of what I did so far and selecting images that would bring out the best in both model and photographer.

Sep 20 05 06:55 pm Link

Model

Rolette

Paul Ferrara wrote:
Coincidently, I was just looking at your port - you posted in another thread.  And you know what I was thinking?  I was thinking how could such a beautiful girl end up with such crappy images?  Then I saw this post.  You should come to Ohio, or find better photographers in Philly.

Paul

Traveling is difficult for me at the moment, as I am in college right now.  But I am doing my best to find more photographers who would be willing to work with me. 

Thank you again for your reply.  I appreciate your honesty.

Sep 20 05 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

commart

Hagerstown, Maryland, US

I wouldn't worry about the nudes.  wink  Dilute them primarily by working on other kinds of art, commercial, and casual concepts.  Want to write your own?

Story:

Activity:

Place:

Time:

Wardrobe:

Sep 20 05 07:26 pm Link

Model

Rolette

commart wrote:
I wouldn't worry about the nudes.  wink  Dilute them primarily by working on other kinds of art, commercial, and casual concepts

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I feel alot better about what I have posted so far.  I'm expecting a CD with shots that are more work-safe than what I have up right now.  I'll be working on meeting up with other photographers around my area and seeing if they would like to work with me on a few ideas I have.  smile

Sep 20 05 08:09 pm Link