Forums > Model Colloquy > question for models?1

Photographer

blacquejack

Charles Town, West Virginia, US

when I display images online I traditionally stay away from showing nudes or even semi nudes. have always been of the opinion that the serious model does not get attaracted to a photographers work if there are to many nudes in their portfolio!

Am I right in thinking so?

The problem is that I shoot more nudes/semi-nudes than I actyually shoot of anything else! Sometimes i even consider creating 2 profiles on this site, one with fashion and one with nudes! But to me, that would be miss representing!

what should i do! ad more nudes to my portfolio or create a second profile?

Sep 21 05 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

I do the same thing that you do and for the same reason.

Creating a 2nd port might get both of your ports banned.

Paul

Sep 21 05 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I suggest putting up the kind of work you'd like to be doing and explain yourself in the About Me section.  Models who want to do the kind of work you'd like to be doing will be attracted to your portfolio.

And, yes, having 2 profiles in the same category is not permitted.

Sep 21 05 01:34 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Nope. You can't have two profiles.

I do mostly nude work, so I'm certainly not bothered by seeing nudes in a portfolio.  I don't think serious models are bothered by seeing nudes so much as they're bothered by seeing really bad nudes.

Sep 21 05 03:00 pm Link

Model

Barbray

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Nude photos in a photographers book or online portfolio do
NOT bother me at all.  Consistently crappy photos (nude or not)
DO kill any thoughts of me using my PT to shoot with them.

Simple solution seems to me to be to keep TWO books and TWO
online sites. One for minors and family photography and ONE
for more mature work.

Sep 22 05 10:57 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

theda wrote:

I do mostly nude work, so I'm certainly not bothered by seeing nudes in a portfolio.  I don't think serious models are bothered by seeing nudes so much as they're bothered by seeing really bad nudes.

In the future there may be a solution for  more ports with you having to pay for the second.

Maybe.

Sep 22 05 11:00 am Link

Model

Earth Angel 555

Los Angeles, California, US

I guess it all depends on how "nude" is used. If its artistic and stuff of that sort. I actually am a fan of nude word, but like i said, its how it's expressed through the photographer. I actually got a photographer that had nothing but playboy models in swimwear on his MM, that was interested in working with me. I normally dont work with photographers that shoot stuff like that, but we talked and hes willing to do fashion stuff. To be honest, it all depends on the model. Some may frown upon it or some may fall inlove with it. But if your trying to get models to do fashion, sport, or anything other than nude and you MM site consists mainly of  nude shots,  dont be surprised if the model is a little hesitant. Just talk about it if theres any interest in working together. Thats my 2 cents

Sep 22 05 11:03 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

I think it's been covered then, dontcha think?

Sep 22 05 11:05 am Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

blacquejack wrote:
serious model does not get attaracted to a photographers work if there are to many nudes in their portfolio!

hmmm... that explains why I'm not married to a model ... tongue

Sep 24 05 05:58 pm Link

Model

avie

New York, New York, US

theda wrote:

Yes, really bad nudes is the offensive part- not nudes

Sep 24 05 07:02 pm Link