Forums > Model Colloquy > Hair Question...

Photographer

Nyx Valentine Photo

Aliso Viejo, California, US

Does any one have detailed instructions on creating a 1940's pompadour?  I've checked google, etc, no luck whatsoever.  If anyone has decent links, or knows how themselves, let me know?

Thanks
-Megan

Sep 23 05 01:20 am Link

Photographer

Dreams To Keep

Novi, Michigan, US

What words did you use to search google?

Try combinations of "retro hair style", "rockabilly" (a group BIG into retro), "file noir +hair styles", etc. 

Dita Von Teese makes a living with that style of hair do.  (Of course, that ain't all she's got going for her, but you get the drift.)

Sep 23 05 09:51 am Link

Photographer

Nyx Valentine Photo

Dreams To Keep wrote:
What words did you use to search google?

Try combinations of "retro hair style", "rockabilly" (a group BIG into retro), "file noir +hair styles", etc. 

Dita Von Teese makes a living with that style of hair do.  (Of course, that ain't all she's got going for her, but you get the drift.)

Tried all of that.  Same set of useless sites.  Over and over.  That's why I came here....In hopes someone would rescue me.  smile

Sep 23 05 11:37 am Link

Photographer

utako omori

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Megan_G wrote:
Does any one have detailed instructions on creating a 1940's pompadour?  I've checked google, etc, no luck whatsoever.  If anyone has decent links, or knows how themselves, let me know?

Thanks
-Megan

sometimes you need to add redundant words like "how to", "DIY"  or "hair style" to caress the search engine results.

Sep 23 05 12:37 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Is this for a male or female?

Sep 23 05 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Nyx Valentine Photo

Envy wrote:
Is this for a male or female?

a female

Sep 23 05 12:59 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I will ask my hair stylist if she can give me a few good links to the forums she uses to get tips/tricks to vintage style hair. I know there is a site somewhere that gives step by step instructions on how to do it as well.

I will get that link for you. This may take a while, as I'm at work right now and so is she. I'll try to get back to you by tonight, if not tommrow.

Sep 23 05 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

Nyx Valentine Photo

Envy wrote:
I will ask my hair stylist if she can give me a few good links to the forums she uses to get tips/tricks to vintage style hair. I know there is a site somewhere that gives step by step instructions on how to do it as well.

I will get that link for you. This may take a while, as I'm at work right now and so is she. I'll try to get back to you by tonight, if not tommrow.

Oh thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!  I'd give you cookies, but you're far away...so I'll just give you my profuse thanks instead...

Sep 23 05 05:19 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/rockabilly_beauty/

There you go.  You have to join to group to get the information you are looking for, but this should be an excellent resource for you.

Good luck.

Sep 23 05 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Nyx Valentine Photo

I so adore you for a concise straightforward, uber helpful answer.   Thank you.

Sep 24 05 12:46 pm Link

Model

Joelle

Seattle, Washington, US

Envy wrote:
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/rockabilly_beauty/

There you go.  You have to join to group to get the information you are looking for, but this should be an excellent resource for you.

Good luck.

I use that group, the owner's name is Yoli.  If you e-mail her directly she can send you a step by step and some useful sites.  She can also direct you to other yahoo groups that have similar information.

Sep 29 05 05:25 pm Link