Forums > Model Colloquy > What's the best way to get rid of pimples...quick?

Model

Nina Hibbler-Webster

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Every now and then I'll get a couple of pimples on my face and they usually stick out like a sore thumb. Does anyone have a way to get rid of those pimples in a hurry. I found some things that may work but I'd like to hear from everyone here to see what works for them. You may have a much better solution to this problem.

Thanks.

Sep 23 05 07:46 am Link

Photographer

michaelGIORDANO

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

hmmmm...according to the father on My Big Fat Greek Wedding...Windex.  Never tried it though.  smile

Seriously....no fast way.  Photoshop is all I can say.

But laying in the sun did help me......gets rid of the toxins.

Good luck though.

Sep 23 05 07:51 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Try a few whacks to your face with sledge hammer, then applying an acetylene torch directly to the pimple.

Of course this won’t clear up your acne, but with a smashed and burnt face, a zit's that last thing people will be noticing. wink

Okay, if that’s too harsh, try Clearasil.

Sep 23 05 07:57 am Link

Model

Kharizma

Concord, California, US

clearasil is the worst thing to put on your face..that stuff is pure garbage. The best way is drink lots of water..urgh..10 glasses. That is what i have started doing. And white tooth paste works wonders. But I would recommend seeing a dr. the doctor can give you special medicine for this..smile

Sep 23 05 08:10 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Cohn

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Photoshop

Sep 23 05 08:15 am Link

Model

egyptmachine

El Paso, Texas, US

ok the obivous photoshop, but I swear a dab of paste (not gel) toothpastes on the pimp over night. And it dries that shit out! I swear, its better than windex! lol

Sep 23 05 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Dreams To Keep

Novi, Michigan, US

Visine will help tone down the redness.  Then put on make up to hide it - wash off make up ASAP after shooting.

Sep 23 05 02:59 pm Link

Model

Kharizma

Concord, California, US

lmao photo shop...hahaha..that is a good one

Sep 23 05 07:31 pm Link

Model

Earth Angel 555

Los Angeles, California, US

cover it up with makeup as much as you can, photoshop will do the rest.

Sep 23 05 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

They won't go away quickly ... if you try to 'pop' 'em then just look worse.  Try Photoshot or a great MUA. Cheers, Tim

Sep 23 05 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Kharizma wrote:
clearasil is the worst thing to put on your face..that stuff is pure garbage. The best way is drink lots of water..urgh..10 glasses. That is what i have started doing. And white tooth paste works wonders. But I would recommend seeing a dr. the doctor can give you special medicine for this..smile

Actually, I'm a doctor but spend more of my time with photography. And Accutaine (isoteretinoin = generic name) (which is used on severe acne - very severe acne is a potentially dangerous drug).  Here's some of the problems with it: Patients should carefully consider the several disadvantages of isotretinoin. The drug is not only expensive but is also linked to some adverse effects that can be severe. Possible side effects include inflammation of the lip and mucous membrane of the eye; dry mouth, nose, or skin; itching; nosebleeds; muscle aches; photosensitivity; and, rarely, decreased night vision. Other more serious side effects include increased blood cholesterol, lipid, and triglyceride levels and abnormal liver enzymes. To make sure isotretinoin is stopped if these side effects occur, we generally monitor a patient's complete blood count, blood chemistries, cholesterol, triglycerides, and liver enzymes before therapy is started and periodically during treatment. All of these potential side effects usually go away after the medication is stopped, however liver damage can be permanent.

For young female models, here's the big problem: The most serious potential adverse effect of isotretinoin (Accutaine) is that it is teratogenic: it can cause birth defects in the developing fetus of pregnant women who take the drug. Therefore, it is crucial that women of childbearing age are not pregnant and do not get pregnant while taking isotretinoin. Women must use an appropriate birth control method for 1 month before therapy begins, during the entire course of therapy, and for 1 full month after therapy stops. Women should talk to their health care provider about when it is safe to get pregnant after therapy with isotretinoin (Accutaine) has stopped.

Sometimes tetracycline (an antibioticic) is prescribed for modererate to severe acne.

The best treatment of the occasional pimples is the over the counter medications.

Cheers, TIm

Sep 23 05 08:23 pm Link

Model

Horsie Girl

Santa Rosa, California, US

Benefit Boo Boo Zap!  It works.

Sep 23 05 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

soundguy

Seattle, Washington, US

From the road-dogs handbook: Quick cure for acne, dermatitis and some rashes - glycol applied to the skin. It works wonders for most people, but can actually cause dermatitis if you happen to be sensitive to it. Glycol is a little hard to find in regular stores, but it is the main ingredient in a substance found in every lighting & FX professional's gig box - plain old garden-variety fog juice. big_smile

Another helpful tube of goo is 1% hydrocortizone ointment. It clears up some types of acne right away, but from what I've read, continual use can lead to premature skin aging.

Sep 24 05 12:59 am Link