Forums > Critique > New Portfolio...Opinions?

Model

Mike Grant

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

Blunt, whatever.

Any feedback is cool.

Sep 23 05 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

Keep 1,2 and 7 the rest can go - just nothing aobut them indicates they should be on a porfolio.  Try to look at the camera more often so the viewer conects with YOU.  When your looking up in the air or in another direction "YOU" are not in the photo and the vacancy you left in the photo is not filled with enough to make up for it.

Sep 23 05 09:48 pm Link

Model

Mike Grant

Alright

Only 3 of those are pro

One is a webcam, and the others I just took of myself with my digi cam.

Sep 23 05 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

Mike Grant wrote:
Alright

Only 3 of those are pro

One is a webcam, and the others I just took of myself with my digi cam.

Your Bio reads.
""I have experience, but I was referred to this site in order to receive more jobs.""

What do these images say about you?  That you are a professional with lots of experience (lots of images to prove it) and you have the highest standards?

UMMMMMMMMMM   no!

Sep 24 05 01:48 am Link

Model

Mike Grant

Thats because I dont have them on CD.

Sep 24 05 10:18 am Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

I did not intend a dialogue but
"What do these images say about you?"

This is the key question.  IT is better to have a few great images than fill up the screen with shots that do not flatter you or demonstrate any skill.  You will look better to most in this business with one two or three shots - rather then the web cam and self portraits.

When you get a chance gather some of the images which have been taken and put them on a CD or scan the printed copy into digital form.  In the meantime just show the images which present you in the best light

Good Luck

Sep 24 05 01:15 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

ProShotPhoto wrote:
I did not intend a dialogue but
"What do these images say about you?"

This is the key question.  IT is better to have a few great images than fill up the screen with shots that do not flatter you or demonstrate any skill.  You will look better to most in this business with one two or three shots - rather then the web cam and self portraits.

When you get a chance gather some of the images which have been taken and put them on a CD or scan the printed copy into digital form.  In the meantime just show the images which present you in the best light

Good Luck

Strangely enough - I agree *smile* (proshotphoto inside joke)

Sep 24 05 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

Images By Ijumo

Atlanta, Georgia, US

IsabelAurora wrote:

Strangely enough - I agree *smile* (proshotphoto inside joke)

I agree with proshotphoto and IsabelAurora  scan in the "pro" shots you have and present a better port if you want to continue to get work and use this site to its fullest.  just my 2 cents

Sep 24 05 09:04 pm Link