Forums > Critique > To post or not to post...

Model

Kaitlyn M

Burbank, California, US

I'm not sure which version I like. Comments? Thank you. smile

-------------------------
Thanks very much for your input. I've deleted both pictures and I'm trying two very different ones in my portfolio.

I appreciate the comments. Aloha!

Sep 25 05 01:54 am Link

Photographer

Stevn De Lozada

Antioch, California, US

Well the top only partially opens and the bottom one does not work at all...
But your forehead looks smashing....

Sep 25 05 01:57 am Link

Model

Kaitlyn M

Burbank, California, US

I've been told it's my best feature... LOL

I'm so sorry I believe they are working now, thanks for trying to look. smile

Sep 25 05 02:02 am Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Prefer the first.  The second one looks washed out.  It can be fixed in PS, though.

Sep 25 05 02:09 am Link

Photographer

robert christopher

Snohomish, Washington, US

oh the first by far, dont like the second one at all

Sep 25 05 02:52 am Link

Photographer

OughtToBeShot

Greenport, New York, US

I'd go with the first for sure.  The second is way overexposed but might look okay in b/w or a sepia tone.

Sep 25 05 03:12 am Link

Photographer

megafunk

Los Angeles, California, US

I like the overexposed one. Looks stylized and hides some of the regular exposures problems. Top looks flat and needs to be sharpened a tweak.

Sep 25 05 04:18 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Neither is flattering.
The first one is way too yellow.  The second is way overexposed.

Sep 25 05 05:55 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

This is why photographers don't like models playing with the images. wink  The first one for sure.  It's a little warm though and your blouse is partially blown out.  Not Mr. Kramer's best work.

Paul

Sep 25 05 09:51 am Link

Photographer

ProShotPhoto

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

I don't think either will enhance your portfolio which is already great.  Unless you promised the photographer you would put some of the shoots results on our profile this decision is unnecessary.

At this point in your profiles development you might consider some shots which demonstrate a long lean figure.  You are 5'10" but none of your shots demonstrate this wonderful asset.  Adding another headshot unless it is really outstanding will not benefit you.  Many all the other shots demonstrate your awesome eyes and facial features better.

If you have to I vote for the first.

Sep 25 05 10:17 am Link

Model

InDecisivE

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I like the first shot a lot better.

Sep 25 05 10:55 am Link

Photographer

David Nusbaum

Rochester, Minnesota, US

The first shot is better, but I don't like the blown out area in the lower right. In a dark picture the eye is draw to the lighter areas and in a light picture the eye is drawn to the darker areas. In this case the viewer's eyes is drawn away from you and toward lower left hand corner.

Sep 25 05 11:21 am Link

Model

Kaitlyn M

Burbank, California, US

Paul Ferrara wrote:
This is why photographers don't like models playing with the images. wink 

Paul

Paul I can appreciate your point. If a picture has a photographer's name on it every step should be taken to keep the integrity of the photo looking professional and at its best. I would never post this picture as a permanent part of my port without the photographer's approval.

From a personal standpoint I think it's important to learn as much as possible about what makes a picture look "good" to other people. A person's perception of what a good photo is really fascinates me. I've learned a great deal from posting photos for critiques. Things that makes sense once you look at work in different ways.

There have been times I've done TFP's and been given a CD. I can't expect that the photographer will PhotoShop every picture for me. I've been trying to teach myself some of the basics of cropping and balance... etc. The key word is is "trying" smile

I've posted pictures which I like in the past and have been blasted for not PhotoShopping this tiny wrinkle or that little shadow... so there are times when a model finds themselves between that rock and a hard spot.

I look to the forum and critique galleries as an education, part of making myself a beter model and being able to better present my portfolio.

Thanks for your input and honesty.

Sep 25 05 12:38 pm Link