Forums > Photography Talk > PORTRAITURE by IMAGENOMIC

Retoucher

Richard did it

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Paul Brecht wrote:
Here's a couple examples: (click on images as they will prolly resize to fit your browser)

Once I had set it up to my spec's, here's 1 w/ auto everything 100% (no adjustment)
http://www.pbprophoto.net/portnoadjust.jpg

Here's a close-up of same edit, but w/ a -2 in brightness:
http://www.pbprophoto.net/portbrightadj.jpg

Here's one w/ brightness, contrast & warmth adj:
http://www.pbprophoto.net/portbcwadj.jpg

This would be the effect @ 100% strength. I have done no other editing on these images whatsoever. Just open - Portraiture & screen cap...

Paul

Appreciate those screen captures. They certainly show what can be done.

Mar 27 09 07:32 am Link

Photographer

Carlton Chong

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

TiMarsh Digital Imaging wrote:
I only recently upgraded to CS3 because I've been using CS2 Forever and never had problems.. Waiting till CS4 was released, then got CS3...

Basically,
With photoshop.. I've learnt that if you stay behind them by 1 product, you'll be practically bug free..

If you always go with the newer product, it's always going to be buggy.

Totally agree with you on this. My work usually buys the newest versions when they hit the shelves and I sort of get to play with it before we distribute it out to the production guys. There is a CS4 patch that came out in Feb but doesn't address any of these issues.

Mar 27 09 07:59 am Link

Photographer

Luis Aragon

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I use this as PART of my skin editing process. It can be a great tool if used correctly.

Mar 27 09 09:18 am Link

Photographer

GCobb Photography

Southaven, Mississippi, US

Sparingly is key for just about any plug-in.  I use it on a lot of my work but avoid the plastic look as much as possible.

Mar 28 09 05:29 am Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

AB-11 wrote:

Mar 28 09 07:04 am Link

Photographer

MacLeod Designs

Mooresville, North Carolina, US

just out of curiosity is it any better than just selecting the skin, using surface blur, then having a duplicate of the orgiinal and use high pass?

Mar 28 09 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Black Russian Studio

New York, New York, US

AB-11 wrote:

Mar 28 09 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Javier Padilla

San Francisco, California, US

After I remove all large imperfections, I tend to use it as a final touch, always on a dup layer and mask the important detail. It can easily erase a nose. Then I add some texture back.

Mar 28 09 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

CGI Images

Wichita, Kansas, US

nwprophoto wrote:

Got examples?

I use it on every portrait I do.  To some level, usually small ones.  Are you asking for examples where its overdone?

Or would you like to see a before/after?

Mar 28 09 04:48 pm Link

Retoucher

Traciee D

Lafayette, Louisiana, US

tried portraiture...i'm not too fond of it.  I'd rather do the retouching myself...more control that way!

Mar 28 09 04:49 pm Link