Forums > Model Colloquy > Help with representation

Model

Mariska

Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Yes, it's me again smile

Does anyone know of a good agency that is interested in petite models ?

Thanks once again

-Riska-

Oct 10 05 05:55 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Mariska, you're a doll!  But, that doesn't change the fact that agencies simply aren't interested in models of your height.   

For every aspirant under 5'7 there are just as many that meet the height requirements.  Agencies are highly selective because they want their models to work, and there just isn't modeling work at the agency level for those your height.

A call for "petite" is most often for those at 5'6-5'7.  That isn't so much the fault of the agency, rather it is what clients demand...and agencies fulfill client needs.  The primary reasoning is two-fold: (fashion) clothing designers create with tall and thin in mind as the clothing looks better and (commercial) short models look out of place when paired with taller men & women.

Where this won't matter as much is if you focused your attention on acting...or just continue to pound the Internet for freelance opportunity.

Oct 10 05 08:45 am Link

Model

Katty

Mariska,
try www.fordmodels.com ,they have special divicions.
Or try www.modelco.co.za,if you're living in South Africa? Correct me if I'm wrong.:-)

Oct 11 05 02:37 am Link

Model

ahmed87

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Im like .5 inch short lol, anyways, some of my agents have me in their teen/youth divisions where the height is sometimes more lenient.. also see commercial print/print/ commercial

Oct 11 05 02:45 am Link

Model

Riki

Coconut Creek, Florida, US

Try C.E.D. www.cedtalent.com, their website might not look glamorized or like any other high fashion agency site, but they are one of the top agency for commercial/print/TV/Film. I think they will love your look over there. Even though you are 5'3", but you have a exceptional beautiful face, that should make up for your height disadvantage. You could do a lot of beauty/product/commerical editorial, and I think you would do real good. I see a combination of Christie Brinkley/Leelee Sobieski/Milla Jovovich..imo. Give them a call or even show up in their office for a open call. Good luck!

Oct 11 05 02:50 am Link