Forums > Model Colloquy > Peeling from the Sun

Model

Livvy

New York, New York, US

My stomach and chest have started to peel a bit, presumably from the sun. I have never peeled before, and very seldom burn, because I have olive skin. It is starting to look quite blotchy and I have a nude shoot on Saturday.

Has anyone ever dealt with this and can suggest something? Perhaps sunless tanner, a session in a tanning bed, cover-up?

Thanks.

Oct 12 05 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Tracy Photography

Montague, New Jersey, US

I personally stay out of the sun, but I'm not a model.
I have seen models deal with this at shoots with some baby oil or any sort of skin lotion, just to make it go away and look good for the shoot.

Oct 12 05 02:56 pm Link

Model

Lady Liz

New York, New York, US

I would suggest getting cold cream and applying then scrubbing off lightly with a damp warm towel...any blotchiness that you can't get rid of, apply a light bronzer and it should do it ;o) hope i was able to be of some help ;o)

good luck on ur shoot on SAt.

Oct 12 05 03:11 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Don`t go out in the sun for long periods of time before a nude shoot. Especially when getting close to the shoot date. One of the things the photographer probably liked was your olive skin tones untouched as they are. Does he know about the peeling? You may want to inform him now as apposed to when you get there and disrobe and is looks at your skin and his eyes about pop out. Especially if you do not blend the bronzer *exactly* right. Ever seen furniture that has been stained incorrectly and the laters of stain overlap?

Oct 12 05 04:05 pm Link

Model

Livvy

New York, New York, US

Thanks for the replies.

I was living in London during the summer, and I think the fact that my skin never saw the sun made it more fair (not so much in tone, but in sun sensitivity.)  I went to the beach without even considering this would happen -- I missed the beach :-(

Oct 13 05 12:04 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

If you're peeling, your skin is already distressed and the last thing you need to do is tan some more... moisturize, moisturize, moisturize... anything with Aloe and vitamin E will help... if it has mint for cooling it's even better... then once the skin seems to be nicely moisturized try a *very gentle* exfoliator to get rid of the dead/peeling skin. Then moisturize some more.

Livvy wrote:
My stomach and chest has started to peel a bit, presumably from the sun. I have never peeled before, and very seldom burn, because I have olive skin. It is starting to look quite blotchy and I have a nude shoot on Saturday.

Has anyone ever dealt with this and can suggest something? Perhaps sunless tanner, a session in a tanning bed, cover-up?

Thanks.

Oct 13 05 12:08 am Link

Model

ashleyxo

Vista, California, US

going to the tanning salon will not only make you burn even more, but it will bring out all the white blotches. bad idea smile

Oct 13 05 11:56 am Link