Forums > Model Colloquy > How To Look Older

Model

Ariette

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

I would like to know ways to make my look, older, like I'm 28 or 30 years old.  Any tips, suggestions?  Maybe beauty tips?  Thanks, this info would be greatly appreciate it. smile

Oct 13 05 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Ariette wrote:
I would like to know ways to make my look, older, like I'm 28 or 30 years old.  Any tips, suggestions?  Maybe beauty tips?  Thanks, this info would be greatly appreciate it. smile

Wait 4-6 years is the best advice I can give. You look just fine the way you are.

Oct 13 05 09:31 pm Link

Model

Ms Kaylee

Helena, Montana, US

Stress yourself out until you start seeing wrinkles.

Oct 13 05 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Contrast numbers 9 and 10 in your portfolio to all the other photos.  What are the differences?

Model

Ariette

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

lol.  Yea, I'm happy with the way I look, but for this casting I'm going to I have to look a little bit older. I know I can look young in some of my pics and other pics i can look older. I'm sure there's a way to look like a young 28 year old woman. smile

Model

Ms Kaylee

Helena, Montana, US

Hair. I find that to make a lot of difference. I don't know, it's kind of hard to look old unless you want to walk aorund with a cane. But that's too old!

Oct 13 05 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

TheScarletLetterSeries

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, US

Want to look older?

Simple.  Have kids. 

; )

Oct 13 05 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Ariette wrote:
lol.  Yea, I'm happy with the way I look, but for this casting I'm going to I have to look a little bit older. I know I can look young in some of my pics and other pics i can look older. I'm sure there's a way to look like a young 28 year old woman. smile

Well if you are going to a casting, dress older? Maybe a business woman suit? nice jacket and skirt type with heels.pull your hair back in a nicely done bun with smart looking glasses if you wear glasses.

EDIT: I just gave myself a visual. I must go now, sorry -runs off-

Oct 13 05 10:06 pm Link

Model

Naomi Jay

New York, New York, US

Drink heavily the night before. lol
Seriously, wear hair straight and back. Wear "older" clothes. No color on nails. Minimal jewelry.

Oct 13 05 10:25 pm Link

Model

A Cristina

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

attitude is everything
Aprille

Oct 13 05 10:34 pm Link

Model

Ariette

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

Well if you are going to a casting, dress older? Maybe a business woman suit? nice jacket and skirt type with heels.pull your hair back in a nicely done bun with smart looking glasses if you wear glasses.

EDIT: I just gave myself a visual. I must go now, sorry -runs off-

LOL. 
I do wear glasses, but I think they make me look younger.  But I was planning on pulling my hair back in a pony tail and wearing business clothing.
Thanks for the advice. smile

Oct 14 05 06:14 am Link

Model

Ariette

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Naomi Jay wrote:
Drink heavily the night before. lol
Seriously, wear hair straight and back. Wear "older" clothes. No color on nails. Minimal jewelry.

Thanks, I was thinking about the "older" business suits, and hair straight.  I wasnt sure if I should put it in a pony tail or leave it loose.  But everyone seems to say pull back in a pony tail, so i'll try that one.

Oct 14 05 06:16 am Link

Model

Reina

BRONX, New York, US

what about changing the make up, something bold or serious? maybe red lipstick!

Oct 14 05 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Ariette wrote:

LOL. 
I do wear glasses, but I think they make me look younger.  But I was planning on pulling my hair back in a pony tail and wearing business clothing.

ok where is the interview? I need to call Delta.
-chuckle-

Oct 14 05 08:26 pm Link

Model

Semora

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

the make up..its all about the make up.

Oct 14 05 08:37 pm Link

Model

Gone Baby Gone

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ken Doo Photo wrote:
Want to look older?

Simple.  Have kids. 

; )

Dang, I was going to say that!

Or better yet, have three at once like my sister-in-law. She aged ten years almost overnight.

Also try not sleeping, the bags under your eyes make you look very mature indeed!

Oct 14 05 10:57 pm Link

Model

Ariette

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

LOL.  I want to look older, mature, & healthy looking.  Not like some old women with kids, no sleep, that doesnt take care of herself. sad

Oct 15 05 06:53 am Link

Photographer

megafunk

Los Angeles, California, US

If you want to exaggerate: Dress with longer garments. No little tops nor the like. Deeper colors instead of louder colors. Accessorize modestly and wear pearls or the like. Wear some underoos or something to remind you that you're hiding the secret of your age. Maintain posture and measure your movements. Change your name to Harriet, Agatha, Lou Mae, or Ruby. If you have some aunts or a grandmother that still has some of there hot mama suits borrow from them or go to Goodwill. Babysit some kids alone for 3 days straight. Mutter "Damn kids," every 10 minutes. Suck on a lemon or something very bitter before your audition. Put an ad in the personals with your false age. Build a time machine. Drifting away.

I don't know. Hire a MUA that can do subtle moderate aging. 28-30 is young and frequently indistinguishable from 24 if a person is keeping themselves up. Around that time, age distinction is mostly determined by what comes out of your mouth. If someone really wants to use you, they're not going to care about that age difference.

Oct 15 05 11:15 am Link

Model

Ariette

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

megafunk wrote:
If you want to exaggerate: Dress with longer garments. No little tops nor the like. Deeper colors instead of louder colors. Accessorize modestly and wear pearls or the like. Wear some underoos or something to remind you that you're hiding the secret of your age. Maintain posture and measure your movements. Change your name to Harriet, Agatha, Lou Mae, or Ruby. If you have some aunts or a grandmother that still has some of there hot mama suits borrow from them or go to Goodwill. Babysit some kids alone for 3 days straight. Mutter "Damn kids," every 10 minutes. Suck on a lemon or something very bitter before your audition. Put an ad in the personals with your false age. Build a time machine. Drifting away.

I don't know. Hire a MUA that can do subtle moderate aging. 28-30 is young and frequently indistinguishable from 24 if a person is keeping themselves up. Around that time, age distinction is mostly determined by what comes out of your mouth. If someone really wants to use you, they're not going to care about that age difference.

LOL.  Thanks.  This was funny, and I figured I'm not going to lie about my age, I think 24 is a great age, and a lot of 28-30 years old, look just as good as me. LOL wink jk

Oct 17 05 07:45 pm Link