Forums > Model Colloquy > agencies....

Model

Phoenix E

so....i had never really even considered looking into a modelling agency until very recently......
i would love to hear some pros and cons and just general opinions from people....and, honestly, i would like some brutal feedback about the chances of any modelling agency taking on someone with serious body modification.....

Oct 23 05 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

This website will give you all the info you need. http://www.newmodels.com
and what sort of body mods are we talking about.

Oct 23 05 09:38 pm Link

Model

Inferi

Eagan, Minnesota, US

Dan Hood MM/Moderator wrote:
This website will give you all the info you need. http://www.newmodels.com

What do you suggest for agencies of arternative models, such as goth, punk, cyber etc. etc.?

Oct 23 05 09:45 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

No such thing.  Seek out agencies that rep character models.

Oct 23 05 09:52 pm Link

Model

Phoenix E

Dan Hood MM/Moderator wrote:

well, everything is rather concealable as i intend to follow a career path that is not necessarily open-minded in regard to such things, but i have some ink on my torso and feet, and i have rather prominant scarification on my chest and hips and back....and permanant large holes in my cartiledge and my septum....and a split tongue.....

like i said.....everything can be hidden by rather normal clothing as long as my hair is over my ears..........but it is still there........

Oct 23 05 10:11 pm Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

Inferi wrote:

What do you suggest for agencies of arternative models, such as goth, punk, cyber etc. etc.?

Dragon in L.A. specializes in those types.

Oct 25 05 01:31 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Aimercat wrote:

Dragon in L.A. specializes in those types.

Woe. There's a real agency that does that? are they still inbuniess? A gogole search yieled links that look like they hadn't been updated in several years.  Not that I'm local to LA.

Oct 25 05 01:47 am Link

Photographer

- null -

theda wrote:
Woe. There's a real agency that does that? are they still inbuniess? A gogole search yieled links that look like they hadn't been updated in several years.  Not that I'm local to LA.

Dragon Talent used to specialize as a goth/alternative agency. Then they apparently realized there was no money in it. So they went to more mainstream stuff. So I heard.

The link to their site and many other agencies is on my links page. Here:
http://www.wyndfeather.com/ericmussbarnes/links.asp

Oct 25 05 02:01 am Link

Model

haitherelilu

Los Angeles, California, US

Phoenix E wrote:
so....i had never really even considered looking into a modelling agency until very recently......
i would love to hear some pros and cons and just general opinions from people....and, honestly, i would like some brutal feedback about the chances of any modelling agency taking on someone with serious body modification.....

pros- they get you work
con- its hard to find a legit one if youre not 5'9

Oct 25 05 02:02 am Link

Model

haitherelilu

Los Angeles, California, US

Phoenix E wrote:

youre 5'8, there are no cons
maybe the cost of a portfolio...but if you know AMAZING photographers willing to work for free with you, you may not even need to pay for one

Oct 25 05 02:03 am Link

Model

chiandra

Greensboro, Alabama, US

some pro's are the security of someone investigating the client before you work with them.
not having to worry about if the client is legit.

con's is the 20% they take lol.

but sometimes it is worth it:)

Oct 25 05 06:06 pm Link