Forums > Model Colloquy > was I wrong?.......

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

I think you're both at fault, both guilty of poor communication. Once you saw the e-mail, you should have immediately called her and asked her what was up with the time change. I know most people aren't too keen on calling people to the carpet, but i'm a bottom line kind of guy, and I question every discrepancy so that there's no misunderstandings, and if there is, it's not because of something I failed to do for the most part, hell i'm not perfect.

She was probably under the assumption that you meant 6pm the whole time she "felt" that you kept calling and bugging her about coming, while you were under the assumption that she would make it at the original scheduled time, despite you reading her e-mail saying 6pm.

Who I really feel sorry for is the MUA, because she had that long ass drive for nothing. And if I was her, hearing you two talk and she mentioned the time change in the e-mail and you'd have confirmed that you read it but said nothing about it, i'd be mad as fuck with you, because that was vital information you left out, ignored and failed to mention for whatever personal reason you felt not to indulge it until the model got there and you called yourself wanting to "teach her a lesson" on MY time and personal expense. I hope you at least compensated the MUA.

Communication, it's VERY important.

Oct 25 05 05:31 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Hartsoe wrote:
Hehe - but it's ERIC! Can he be wrong?

Well, I thought I was wrong once ... But I was mistaken.

smile

Monsante Bey wrote:
Who I really feel sorry for is the MUA, because she had that long ass drive for nothing. And if I was her, hearing you two talk and she mentioned the time change in the e-mail and you'd have confirmed that you read it but said nothing about it, i'd be mad as fuck with you, because that was vital information you left out, ignored and failed to mention for whatever personal reason you felt not to indulge it until the model got there and you called yourself wanting to "teach her a lesson" on MY time and personal expense. I hope you at least compensated the MUA.

I DID TELL THE MUA RIGHT AWAY!

I did not know that the model wanted to reschedule for 6:00pm until AFTER the model already had me call the MUA and send the MUA on her way at 3:15pm!!

IMMEDIATELY after I read the email from the model, I called the MUA who had already been on the road for 40 minutes. And I told the MUA, "Hey, the model sent an email saying she wanted to reschedule for 6:00. But when I talked to her on the phone, she never mentioned that, and said she'd be right here. But she hasn't shown up yet. So I hope she plans to be here soon and not at 6:00."

The MUA basicly said, "What? Well, I hope so too. I talked to the model earlier today and she never mentioned rescheduling. She never called me either."

Oct 25 05 09:32 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Well, the model emailed me this:
-----------------------------
I just wanted to apologize for the other day! I shouldn't have assumed that you had read my message... I thought that once you read it and did not mention anything about it that you were ok with the changes! When you called me to see if I was on my way...all along I thought it was for the time that I had set it for which was for 6! When I told you I was on my way I was letting you know that I was on schedule for 6! I do however want to pay you for the inconvenience and your time which at the very least I could do for the mix up!!! I was a bit upset at first but I think it was poor communication between all of us! We did not call each other until the day of the shoot...I dont work in this manner and I dont want any hard feelings between us... I still think you are wonderful photographer : )

I could always mail you a check : )

This was my reply:

Thank you very much for the apology.

I agree that there was poor communication all-around.

The first time we spoke, I had not even read your email. So, you should have said something to me then.

But, the second time we spoken, I had read your email. So, I should have said something to YOU.

I have NO hard feelings at all. Sincerely. I don't have time for that.

I think you're a great model too. I'm sorry things didn't work out. The MUA was inconvenienced a lot worse than me. I was at least at home already. She had a LOT of driving to do.

I appreciate you offering to pay for my time, but that is not necessary. We weren't going to exchange any money beforehand, so there is no reason for you to pay me now. But it is cool of you to offer. I'll make you a deal - if you want to reschedule, you can pay me for a normal shoot. But you don't have to pay me anything for this past Sunday.

So, no hard feelings. I understand. It was just a miscommunication.

So, it's all good.

Oct 25 05 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

PlasticPuppet

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

I think it is great that you resolved the issue.  Personally, after managing people (for awhile) for a living, I learned it is best to give 24 hours notice (minimum) and to confirm they got the message and not to assume anything.   I also expected the same from my employees.  It was a matter of respect.  To be honest, I think originally you were too lenient, but it all got resolved and ultimately that's what counts.

Oct 25 05 04:11 pm Link