Forums > Critique > Please give your honest opinion...

Model

Jaedyn

York, England, United Kingdom

Hi everyone, Jae here. I'd really appreciate some honest, constructive feedback on my pics and also on my website. I know theres lotsa room for improvement so please be honest and direct.

Much Love...

Jae. x x

Oct 24 05 09:15 am Link

Photographer

Altman Photography Svcs

Lakeland, Florida, US

Hi Jae,

I love your portfolio, but would change just a few things so here goes:
Pic#1 Green with envy I don't know what it is but it just doesn't fit with your port. I would get rid of it.
Pic#2 Irish chick I would get rid of...looks to much like a snapshot.
Pic#5 sitting reading magazine I like but would crop out some of the dead space.
Pic#6 laying down nude I would get rid of....also looks like snapshot for camera phone.
Pic#11 Black lingerie holding garder belt strap doesn't seem flattering to me.
Pic#12 Great shot ..just crop out small part of leg on left side
Pic#17 Not flattering of your face.  You have a beautiful face and I don't think that pic does it justice.
Pic# 7 & 10 are good pics, but the exact same pose.
The rest of your pics are great and very diverse and flattering.  You are a beautiful model and have some great work.

Oct 24 05 09:42 am Link

Photographer

commart

Hagerstown, Maryland, US

Responding as a critic, I don't think you need the GWC's babe on a bed shot--there's not enough of workmanship, poetry, or sex in it to entertain for even half a second.  Some things to think about:

--Poetry in Living, Illustration, or Motion: an editorial or objective view of a photograph wants a source of appeal.  The babe provides the basic material, but the capturing of a moment in living, a pleasing graphic arts concept, or something that the model does (activity, action, motion) provides that.

--Sensuality.  The "laddy rags" picked up on the fine art of presenting clothed babes erotically (as if all participating photographers agreed with the direction "bend over but keep your panties on", lol); I'd think otherwise about the tease, and make a case for the honest nude: if you're topless (and reading a magazine), lower your arms.  Be truely topless.  Ditto for anyone shooting or contributing to the three-buttons-undone peek-a-boo breast faux "fashion" shot.

--No Snap Shots.  If, afterwards, you can't answer the question, "What in this picture makes this picture work?" you might have a bad or, worse, common piece of art.  Cool gear, expression, lighting, moment, graphic art or illustration--fine.  Pictures offering nothing of exception: toss.

--Jim

Oct 24 05 09:42 am Link