Forums > Model Colloquy > ATTENTION: Photographers,I need your Help! >>>

Model

Maria T

Lambertville, New Jersey, US

I am at the point where I really hate tfp's. Don't get me wrong,the tfp photographers that I have worked with are great but won't finish my portfolio to get me the right agencies. I have awsome images but not all the way there. I work during the week when I go to school full time and take the paychecks I have by working and use it for traveling back and forth to Ny every weekend. I'd rather pay a few photographers to have a portfolio full of 8-12 images and get the comp cards done go to call backs and go sees. I need top,qauilty shots. I am paying 3 photographers already to shoot with. I need to find more to shoot with. The other problem is that i only have a few hundred to spare on each and some it isn't enough for  atest shoot. what do I do?

~Maria

Oct 24 05 09:28 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

A few hundred dollars for a test shoot, is fine but; what do you expect to get from the test shoot? I think going in with the mindset that you're going to finish your portfolio with test shoot images is not the correct thinking.

It may be wise to - instead of spreading the few hundred dollars around between 3 or 4 photographers, to spend all the money in one place with a quality photographer that can deliver all the looks you need to complete your book. I see work from photographers that are able to do that and I'm sure you could get a shoot for $900 - $1200. The same amount you spend if you have a few hundred dollars to spread between 3 or 4 photographers.

Oct 24 05 09:56 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Don't worry about getting a whole porfolio together right away.  You really want to start with about 5 shots for a comp that show your range moderately well.

Oct 24 05 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

wow, a model that is willing to pay a photographer in order to get the images she needs!?
That alone puts you way ahead of many others.

After looking through your images I would say that you do some searching (talk to agencies in your area) to find photogs that are really good at the type of looks you're wanting.  As far as choosing photographers I would suggest raising your standards a bit.
Your profile says "commercial, advertising and editorial" so find a photog or two that shoot those styles and do it well.

Good luck

Oct 24 05 10:01 am Link