Forums > Model Colloquy > Male Models With Long Hair...

Model

T-Model

Hey,
I'm a male model with long hair and I've come to find that my hair limits "my look" just as much as it benefits it.
Most of the jobs Ive gotten so far were because of my hair and I've been told many times by employers that my hair length sets me apart from other male models in the industry, giving me my own look.
However at the same time, Ive went on auditions and have been told "We aren't taking on models with long hair" or "Your hair is much longer then what we are currently looking for" lol.
Its pretty much 50/50 for those in favor of my hair length and those who dislike it.
So my question is, can a male model, with long hair, find more work by cutting his hair or will he simply be making himself "invisible" by joining the majority of male models with short hair?

Thanks,
T

PS

The pics on my MM port are not from my agency portfolio(my agent keeps those), so theyre kind of "rough" lol. Thanks again.

Nov 07 05 04:46 am Link

Model

Brent

Whitfield, Florida, US

Ive always find it is a 50/50 chance. Some photographers and agents like long hair but some don't. Photographers tell me that i should not cut my hair, and let it grow out because there is not enough long hair'd models out there. But the other 50% of the photographers tell me that short hair looks good. So you can't generalize what everyone likes, because everyone likes diffrent looks and diffrent lengths of hair. If its your style than i say keep what looks good smile

Nov 07 05 11:28 am Link