Forums > Critique > Bondage and BodyPaint

Model

-suede-

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Ok folks, I posted an earlier thread regarding my new images and got a couple of responses, so I changed the images and am going to try again.  LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!  Tell me whats good, bad, indifferent, what I should change, what I shoud do more/less of, etc!  I'm not in this business to make big bucks, but I love what I do and I want to do it as best as I possibly can.

Nov 09 05 10:41 am Link

Model

-suede-

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Ohh, and just in case, even though its the title of the thread, the new pics are the body painting ones and the shibari/rope bondage ones.  I think there are 6 total.

Nov 09 05 10:44 am Link

Model

-suede-

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Shameless bump.

Nov 09 05 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

EL PIC

Austin, Indiana, US

All the comments are your own !!!
Mine is ... want to get out my paint brush and go outside the lines.
Nice blend of paint and bondage.
Your comments on mine please.
E L

Nov 09 05 05:06 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

I like the over all design but a few things that I think detract from it's impact.

Your posing could be stronger. I'm not sure if you want to be sexy, menacing, or stoic but the pose does not bring any particular mood to mind. The pose also does not make the most of your curves.

I also don't like the pants with that background, they blend in too much to be seen, but block out enough background to create a void.

The painting has a decent design, but could use more detail. An outline around the colored shapes would have helped them pop more. I also don't like how the paint just pops out of the pants here...it makes me wonder why there is paint under your pants, or pants over your paint.

I hope you find these coments constructive and helpful. I see potential here for the painter, the photographer, and you...but I feel your shots could be stronger than they are.

Thank you for sharing!

Nov 09 05 05:31 pm Link

Model

-suede-

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Rich, Thanks so much!  This is the kind of critique I was looking for.

Half of the problem with the posing that I was having was the extreme boots I was wearing.  We were trying to recreate a photo of Baphomet that the bodypainter had found with our own little twist, which is where the fuzzy pants, goat boots, and horns come from, as well as some of the paint design.  I wonder if the pants vs. background thing could be fixed with a little photoshop?

Also, I appreciate the mention of my facial expression, its one of the things I'm trying to work on as a model, and we were going for all three of those expressions, I just think we could have done a better job matching pose and expression.

Again, thanks a bunch!

Nov 09 05 07:37 pm Link

Model

-suede-

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

E L Fanucchi wrote:
All the comments are your own !!!
Mine is ... want to get out my paint brush and go outside the lines.
Nice blend of paint and bondage.
Your comments on mine please.
E L

Thank you!  As for my comments on yours?  Your current avatar has got to go.  Its a quick snapshot that doesn't show off the quality of your work AT ALL.  You've got some really good stuff in your portfolio, but if someone is just browsing through photographers (where only the avatars and name appear), they'd probably skip right over it figuring you for a GWC before ever getting into your portfolio to see the good images.  My personal favorite is the blue one with the red lips.

Nov 09 05 07:41 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

The fuzzy pants and goat boots probably would be great, it's too bad you did all that extra work for it not to be seen! A different background would have helped, or (I'm no photographer here) an edge light or slight backlighting would have pulled you out from the background.

Nov 09 05 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

While there are certainly some technical issues  - I like the idea and poses of the body painted ones.  As somebody pointed out - It may be facial expression - but in my mind if your pose showed more muscular tension it would highlight the painted effects.  Same pose, just more of a dynamic quality to it - if you could see that tension and energy below the surface - it would be improved in my mind.

I can imagine that a "creature" like that, would never be relaxed and at ease.

On the other hand, I personally liked the middle shibari shot the best, for your facial expression, as it seems relaxed and serene and that seemed to be the direction you were going in the other shibari shots as well. 

Just my 2 cents

Nov 09 05 11:31 pm Link

Model

-suede-

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Thanks again Rich!

And VV, you are probably right.  I'm not sure any of us (me, photographer, or bodypainter) know exactly what we were looking for with the poses or facial expressions, though in the drawing we were semi-emulating, the god looked fairly relaxed vs. meancing...then again it also more the face of a goat than I do. big_smile  I do appreciate the constructive criticism though, I hope to work with both men again in the future, so hopefully our works will be much improved then.

Nov 10 05 12:15 am Link