Forums > Model Colloquy > Know A Good Hotel in Vegas?

Model

TxCiara

Austin, Texas, US

I am going to Las Vegas in January for a few days to do a shoot,and am looking for a good hotel to stay at. If anyone has a suggestions, I would appreciate it.
Ciara

Nov 10 05 08:53 am Link

Model

ruby_marquis

Elk Grove, California, US

I usually opt for The Luxor.  smile

Nov 10 05 09:22 am Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

print this !!!!! take with you

best night clubs

i think one called zoom-not sure that may be in mexico i forgot...lol
palms
hardrock
luxor called ra
studio 54-mgm

hardrock - good eats but seperate from the rest of the strip too far to walk to anything - got to get a shirt from there....lol

new york new york- best feel you feel like your there sometimes-roller coaster is a must!!-good pizza

*** ballys-best price on room and next door is the cheap drinks any for $1 (also connected to paris)good location to everything almost at mid point of all the good places !!! good cheap food under main floor by pool.

$$ belliago-see the water at night!! food is awesome $$. if you have the money for it stay there !! or at

$$ manadaly bay-see the aquarium there !!!! best roulette i was there for about 3 hours(good for kids)huge fish tanks in lobby

***must do _ freemont street-- all the old section of vegas alot of shops and get the feel for the old style as well as the lighted awning-ceiling show every 30 minutes--take the bus its near stratosphere

$$ ceasars palace-good- high end shopping

mgm - studio 54 -club /ok -great food - lions ( i actually got to play with a lion cub there )

tropicana - old hotel smells .they are doing renovations though currently ((have a done a ton of shoots there waterfalls etc but i was doing stuff for company that had clearance for use of hotel" swimsuit)-----but a must see is the titanic exhibit its freaking amazing the stuff they brought back up as well as a piece of the ship.

treasure island- the pirate show outside (free)(good for kids to see)

luxor-see blue man group // best show // great night club!!

rio- ceiling circus-not a must

the palms-best night club-maybe ?

circus circus -at other end of vegas its ok good to check out but not a must

sahara-roller coaster at old end of town

mirage - volcano every 30 minutes-tiger exhibit-dolphin show and small zoo (good for kids)

excalibur - good fun - if taking ( kids best place-games/shows/like a carnival all day )- i won a bunch of stuff animals midway section uner main floor

$$ "ah damn that one that looks like your in venace italy" vinetian? - egypt - small mummy exhibit - walk around a must -look at the ceiling paintings-gondolas rides !!

take bus (very cheap transportation) only road bus once before but was worth it on the last day to go to other end of town to go to stratospere -- ride roller coaster up top !!! //freemont street

go to vegas.com you can find some good deals but primarly what you want to do
is stay somewhere in the middle of the strip unless you want to pay cab fair you can walk to all of them

.there is a train/monorail the runs behind ballys/paris/and a few others and another
monorail that runs from excalibur/luxor/mandaly bay (free)

also beware of the card flippers....---these are guys who stand out on the street and give you
call girls cards youll see the first day you walk around....lol and the newstands that have all the girls flyers on them.....

best days to fly in are mondays/tuesday due to (( heavy fly ins on friday and heavy fly outs on sunday night ))----cheapest hotel rates are monday and get higher as the week goes.

warning *** the airport has slots.........lol overpriced shopping lol

if need to email me i have been to vegas like all but once was shooting the last time i went was to do everything that i havent been able to do when i was shooting.i did the entire strip walking.great workout !!! do about 5-6 hotels a day for a week.
i went to every hotel had a blast.

anyone else feel free as well to email me. getting better for kids but still its an adult amusement park.

mandalay bay //palms starts the end of the strip to luxor/excalibur-then street connects to newyork - acroos from them is mgm-tropicana-paris-alladin-ballys-across from them is belligeo -ceasars-so on((this is my fav section)) newer hotels and more entertaining.

Nov 10 05 10:10 am Link

Photographer

Eric Foltz

Lake Forest, California, US

I like to stay at the Luxor. The slanted windows in the pyramid are cool. Try and get a west facing room for the sunset.

Mandalay Bay for the buffet.

Eric Foltz

Nov 10 05 10:17 am Link

Model

Sky Above

Depends so much. How much do you want to spend? Do you want to be on the strip?

Nov 10 05 10:22 am Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

...bump

Nov 10 05 10:34 am Link

Photographer

Lo J

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Look at Vegas.com
Look for the 4 to 5 stars.
Sunday night till Thursday while no big events in town is the best rate.
Then book direct with the hotel.

Nov 10 05 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Phil Edelstein

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I agree with Sky, all depends on how much you are looking to spend, how much time you are acctually going to spend IN the hotel (or are you just needing a clean no frills room to sleep and shower,) are amenities important to you and does it NEED to be on the strip.

These are the important points to consider before selecting a hotel.

Phil

Nov 11 05 07:17 am Link