Forums > Photography Talk > WHERE ARE ALL THE STUDIOS IN NY?

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Im not sure if I am dwelling in the right section, so if I am not, feel free to move this. I put this here because I figured a photographer would know best..

I am soon to be working with a photorapher from out of state, hes interested in renting out a studio in Manhattan or Queens. I don't have the slightest clue where I would be able to find one even though im sure there are tons right under my nose. Thats where you come in. Do you know of any studios in that area that are available for daily rent?

If you answer me I will repay you in Love and kitten sneezes.
Thank you!

Btw...any MUA's looking for TFCD, we have a really awesome concept, message me for details.

Dec 03 05 02:21 am Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

Katie,
There are literally dozens.  They range in cost from a few hundred to a few thousand a day for rental.  Most of the high-end studios are listed on this site:

http://photosource.netsville.com/script … T1=RENTAL+(STUDIO)

The most effective way to search for a low-cost studio rental in NYC is to visit the bulliten boards of professional photo labs in Manhattan, many centered around 20th and 5th Ave.  I would expect that the minimum cost would be $200 for a half-day.  You might be able find a cheaper place.  Many offer equipment rental on-site.  Some even have cafes inside. 

An new breed of rental spaces are set up like designer lofts with whole rooms of furniture available to shoot on.  Those types of spaces start at $1,500/day and go up from there.

If you are simply looking for space, not specifically photo studios, you should look at the following site:

http://www.newyorkspaces.com/studios/ri … index.html

They are primarily rehearsal and audition spaces, but some of them are very nice spaces that are available to rent by the hour from $10-50/hr.

Good luck

Dec 03 05 06:45 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Thanks!

Dec 03 05 01:19 pm Link