Forums > Photography Talk > Photographer's insurance

Photographer

SFR

San Jose, California, US

I am still new to photography and I have been shooting more and more lately. Now that I am starting to shoot with designers I need to have insurance I have been told.

I have a  big shoot tomorrow for a fashion week designer and I need to get insurance before.

I'd like to know what other photographers do? What do you have, what does it cover, any advice?

I am told that I am responsible for the designer clothes in case of anything happen to them. They are unique samples.

Dec 03 05 10:57 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Your homeowner/renter insurance agent should be able to provide a rider to meet your needs.

As for responsibility to the designer, are you taking delivery of items and hiring models?  If not doing both I certainly wouldn't take on that liability.

Dec 03 05 11:15 am Link

Photographer

SH Studios

Lodi, California, US

I have a policy that runs about $50 a month that covers me for $2 million, plus if any of my equipment breaks or gets stolen on a shoot its covered. I can put you in contact with my agent if you like and he can explain everything.

Of course by the time you read this it might be too late.

-Sam

Dec 03 05 11:21 am Link

Photographer

SFR

San Jose, California, US

Sam Harnack wrote:
I have a policy that runs about $50 a month that covers me for $2 million, plus if any of my equipment breaks or gets stolen on a shoot its covered. I can put you in contact with my agent if you like and he can explain everything.

Of course by the time you read this it might be too late.

-Sam

Oh sure. I would be interested. Would that cover NYC?

Dec 03 05 11:25 am Link

Photographer

SH Studios

Lodi, California, US

Good question... You could give him a call and ask, I dont want to lead you down any dead ends smile I'm a photographer not an insurance guy smile

I will email you the info. Hopefully he is working today.

-Sam

Dec 03 05 11:29 am Link

Photographer

Haim Bargig

New York, New York, US

Hi, can I get this guy's number :-)
Hopefully it's the same price in NYC.
thanks.

Sam Harnack wrote:
Good question... You could give him a call and ask, I dont want to lead you down any dead ends smile I'm a photographer not an insurance guy smile

I will email you the info. Hopefully he is working today.

-Sam

Dec 03 05 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I'm interested too. I've been looking for production insurance.

Dec 03 05 10:13 pm Link