Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Y.M.C.A. and the boy clubs/girls clubs

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Y.M.C.A.  and the boy clubs/girls clubs

I just saw the Densel Washington commercial for the boy clubs of America.   Likely not new but I do not watch my TV.

Simply put the boys club very early and then for many years the YMCA was my home away from home.  for pool playing,  swim practice,  good fun,  gymnastics,  good old fashioned doug ball,

Never had a bad experience to speak of.

We hear so many bad stories of things.

I am thankful for my parents who dealt with driving my four brothers, I, and numerous friends around.

Just wondering if anyone else had such a positive experience in the Boys club,  YMCA or the like.

Dec 09 05 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Marksora wrote:
Y.M.C.A.  and the boy clubs/girls clubs

I just saw the Densel Washington commercial for the boy clubs of America.   Likely not new but I do not watch my TV.

Simply put the boys club very early and then for many years the YMCA was my home away from home.  for pool playing,  swim practice,  good fun,  gymnastics,  good old fashioned doug ball,

Never had a bad experience to speak of.

We hear so many bad stories of things.

I am thankful for my parents who dealt with driving my four brothers, I, and numerous friends around.

Just wondering if anyone else had such a positive experience in the Boys club,  YMCA or the like.

My Mom ran the Riverside, Ca YWCA before Inland Agency. Just have to say, great program,. lots of behind the scenes drama

Dec 09 05 10:12 pm Link