This thread was locked on 2007-11-05 19:53:21
Forums > General Industry > I chose not to shoot with a photographer based on

Digital Artist

uysdf

Hickory, Mississippi, US

Mr Louis B wrote:
Who wants to photograph this ugly, uppity bitch anyway? You need to stop pretending you're a model and go back to mothering your ugly fucking children. Too many photographers have their lives ruined by DUMB CUNTS like you.

Fuck off, bitch.

hey fucktard.... why dont you come and say that to my face and  if you ever fucken wanna talk about my children you got something coming to you..go stick a fucken stick up your fucken ass....if I ever see you I will beat the fucken living hell out of you you fucktard..... its one thing to attack me but attacking my children will get you hung by your fucken penis on a tree stripped naked and beaten......

now FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKER

Nov 05 07 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Roberts

Sacramento, California, US

Phoenix1 wrote:
I compare this image to if someone was burning the US flag.....now what do you say to that.....is it alright to burn the US flag because its "art" or whatever.....let me know your thoughts on that one....

I guess I'm odd because I hold my beliefs inside and others need to idolize symbols of religion or patriotism or wealth or whatever never made sense to me.  Someones treatment of any symbol even ones I hold dear would never change how I felt, but that said their right to legally portray their feeling about it is something I probably hold more dear than any symbol ever created.

Nov 05 07 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

GAETANO CATELLI STUDIOS

Oxford, Mississippi, US

Phoenix1 wrote:
....is it alright to burn the US flag because its "art" or whatever.....let me know your thoughts on that one....

i've read that it's against the law in 49 out of 50 states.  imo, it should be legal, because it makes it too easy for such snakes in the grass (sorry PETAns) to make themselves instant "1st Amendment martyrs". 

but, the reality is that nothing good can come from going out of one's way to disrespect other people's most sacred symbols. 

in sum, you did the right thing.

Nov 05 07 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Mr Louis B wrote:
Who wants to photograph this ugly, uppity bitch anyway? You need to stop pretending you're a model and go back to mothering your ugly fucking children. Too many photographers have their lives ruined by DUMB CUNTS like you.

Fuck off, bitch.

Phoenix1 wrote:
hey fucktard.... why dont you come and say that to my face and  if you ever fucken wanna talk about my children you got something coming to you..go stick a fucken stick up your fucken ass....if I ever see you I will beat the fucken living hell out of you you fucktard..... its one thing to attack me but attacking my children will get you hung by your fucken penis on a tree stripped naked and beaten......

now FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKER

CAPS LOCK IS LIKE CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME!!!

Nov 05 07 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Roberts

GAETANO CATELLI STUDIOS wrote:
but, the reality is that nothing good can come from going out of one's way to disrespect other people's most sacred symbols.

I do believe that the swastika was someones most sacred symbol, and I think there were reasons to disrespect it and portray it in a negative light in artwork.

No ones hands are clean, everyone needs to be challenged, if left unchallenged then no wrongs are ever repaired so I believe every symbol is free for artists to portray their feelings.

Now we can debate whether their use is thought provoking or crap, but I believe they should have the right to make their statement and let the free market decide if it has value.  If you just do stupid insipid crap to shock eventually people will catch on and quit paying attention because nothing stops schlocky shock artists more than being irrelevant.

Nov 05 07 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Eric Haywood

Phoenix1 wrote:
I compare this image to if someone was burning the US flag.....now what do you say to that.....is it alright to burn the US flag because its "art" or whatever.....let me know your thoughts on that one....

Wow...now we're onto flag burning?  This is the most freewheeling thread ever...

Light 'em if ya got 'em!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Flag_burning.jpg/200px-Flag_burning.jpg

Nov 05 07 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Short answer: Yes if somebody wants to flag burn I believe in their right to do so.

Nov 05 07 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

Phoenix1 wrote:
wow......10 pages and still no lock huh......hmmm i've posted a nude image and i've outed someone.....damn what does it take to lock a thread anymore.....geesh

but I"m curious......

Here are my thoughts on the flag.
Yes, it is perfectly ok to burn the flag.  Freedom of expression.
However, it is illegal to start a fire in public and for that you should go to jail for a long time.

Nov 05 07 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

KREATIVE NY

Mineola, New York, US

If you just do stupid insipid crap to shock eventually people will catch on and quit paying attention because nothing stops schlocky shock artists more than being irrelevant.

Exactly.  That's why I'm so tired of 'Rosie' and 'Madonna'.     : - )

Nov 05 07 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

J Gara Photography

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Goldie117 wrote:

Ditto

Ditto!!!!!!!

Nov 05 07 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

KREATIVE NY wrote:
If you just do stupid insipid crap to shock eventually people will catch on and quit paying attention because nothing stops schlocky shock artists more than being irrelevant.

Exactly.  That's why I'm so tired of 'Rosie' and 'Madonna'.     : - )

Kinda goes with shrink wrapping an island and putting up a few gates in Central Park.

eventually you get Blue Man group

Nov 05 07 07:46 pm Link

Digital Artist

uysdf

Hickory, Mississippi, US

Eric Haywood wrote:

Wow...now we're onto flag burning?  This is the most freewheeling thread ever...

Light 'em if ya got 'em!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Flag_burning.jpg/200px-Flag_burning.jpg

you got to be kidding me......do you agree with this... please say no

Nov 05 07 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

I like tacos.

Nov 05 07 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

Phoenix1 wrote:

you got to be kidding me......do you agree with this... please say no

Not a problem at all.
It's a flag.  Nothing more.
I fought for my country and I fought to protect this right of expression.
Not try it on my door step and life will be different.

Nov 05 07 07:49 pm Link

Digital Artist

uysdf

Hickory, Mississippi, US

JEBKA Photography wrote:

Here are my thoughts on the flag.
Yes, it is perfectly ok to burn the flag.  Freedom of expression.
However, it is illegal to start a fire in public and for that you should go to jail for a long time.

wow so maybe we should go ahead and kill all of our soldiers who are fighting in iraq for "you" freedom.it's a symbol HOW DARE YOU CONDONE BURNING THE FLAG AS OK.... I may not have been born here but have the highest respect for the country I live in.... and my flag because its a symbol just as the cross is a symbol and should not be disrespected

Nov 05 07 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

Compass Rose Studios

Portland, Oregon, US

Gary Roberts wrote:
I guess I'm odd because I hold my beliefs inside and others need to idolize symbols of religion or patriotism or wealth or whatever never made sense to me.  Someones treatment of any symbol even ones I hold dear would never change how I felt, but that said their right to legally portray their feeling about it is something I probably hold more dear than any symbol ever created.

There you go again with that...what do you call it?  Reason. 

Give it up, reason's like alcohol.  Oh, you start out being reasonable here and there, then it becomes an obsession.  Pretty soon you want to know the whole story before before you judge. 

Next thing you know, you can't talk to anybody cuz you're so high and mighty with your smart fella thoughts about with holding judgement and not spending all your time trying to legislate others into doing what you believe. 

Is that what you want?  Life as a reason addict?  A life of loneliness where you rarely meet a soul you can talk to because you're always so drunk on the stuff? 

Go ahead and tout being sensible if you like...but it's a dangerous road you're going down.  Mark my words.  smile

Nov 05 07 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

Phoenix1 wrote:

wow so maybe we should go ahead and kill all of our soldiers who are fighting in iraq for "you" freedom.it's a symbol HOW DARE YOU CONDONE BURNING THE FLAG AS OK.... I may not have been born here but have the highest respect for the country I live in.... and my flag because its a symbol just as the cross is a symbol and should not be disrespected

you are entitled to your opinion.

Just so we stay level, this flag is not the same as the people I served with.
I have the highest respect for my country and I was willing o give my life if ordered to do so.
That has nothing to do with a piece of cloth mass manufactured in China.

Nov 05 07 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Roberts

Phoenix1 wrote:

Soldiers are not flags, I am firmly against burning soldiers or belittling their service, but that doesn't make them flags.  That flag is a piece of cloth, it does not symbolize life.  Now I would have a bigger issue with anyone burning photos of soldiers, that would piss me off because they are people, flags are thread and string and mean nothing compared to a person.

Because I have no issue with the flag being burned doesn't mean I don't love my country.  That flag isn't my country, who says that the flag symbolizes my country to me?

Nov 05 07 07:52 pm Link