Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > gift letdowns

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

ever want a ring a dude gives you a power tool???

ever think you are giving the PERFECT gift and you get the "thanks...i always wanted a reason to kill you" look?!?

Dec 16 05 08:48 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

BCG wrote:
ever want a ring a dude gives you a power tool???

ever think you are giving the PERFECT gift and you get the "thanks...i always wanted a reason to kill you" look?!?

Yea i've been there....there are just some people that are never excited about anything.  These people should all go in a room and have an angsty cirlce jerk while I greatfully enjoy all their presents....any gesture makes me smile..even 25 cent machine rings and bouncy balls... smile....hmmm bouncy balls how i love thee

Dec 16 05 08:57 am Link

Model

flnative

It's ALWAYS the thought that counts.... plus, if I want something...I'll get it...he knows better... lol

Dec 16 05 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I think I am in the minority here. But I would never ever ever return a gift. No matter how hideous it is.

Dec 16 05 08:35 pm Link

Model

flnative

John Jebbia wrote:
I think I am in the minority here. But I would never ever ever return a gift. No matter how hideous it is.

Me either...however...I do recycle!  big_smile

Dec 16 05 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Thank goodness I don't celebrate holidays.

Dec 16 05 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Question: How do you gift wrap a full body waxing?

Dec 16 05 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

Chisels are easy to giftwrap.

Dec 16 05 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

i got a box of chocolate covered cherry cordials and some airplane magazine once from a gal i had started dating...i looked at them and asked her if she meant to give them to her nephew.

Dec 16 05 09:53 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Ok, so it's my birthday, and from a guy I have been dating for a year and a half I just recieved: A box of crayons and pretty phone backings. LoL. Oy.

Dec 17 05 01:47 am Link

Model

Shura

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

At leasy mine figured that it's better to ask me before he buys it. So now I'm getting a pistol, a fiddle and some amber smile

Dec 17 05 01:48 am Link

Photographer

R. Olson (RO)

Seattle, Washington, US

Nemi wrote:
Ok, so it's my birthday, and from a guy I have been dating for a year and a half I just recieved: A box of crayons and pretty phone backings. LoL. Oy.

The crayons are probably going to be used by you, Im sure. Last year, a friend of mine gave me a digital memory card for my camera.....I shoot film....but didnt have the heart to tell her.

Dec 17 05 01:50 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

R. Olson (RO) wrote:
Last year, a friend of mine gave me a digital memory card for my camera.....I shoot film....but didnt have the heart to tell her.

awwwwwww

Dec 17 05 01:54 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Nemi wrote:

was it the big box of 64 crayons with the built in sharpener???...he could have been telling you that you bring color and meaning into his life.

Dec 17 05 07:07 am Link

Model

Memi Haute

When I was 13 my aunt and uncle gave me a Winnie The Poo video. Before I could stop myself, in front of the whole family I groaned and rolled my eyes.

But seriously..that was a STUPID gift to give to a 13yr old!

BTW, I don't get presents from them anymore. LOL

Dec 17 05 04:47 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

I got smart a few years ago.... my best friend and I take a day, do lunch and go shopping for each other's gift.  Makes it one heck of alot easier when he looks at something, thinks about it for awhile and then puts it down.  Granted it takes out the element of surprise but it is time we get to spend together doing something fun for the other person.  That and I know it won't be returned! HAHA

As for bad gifts..... I just don't have the heart to tell somebody if I don't like what they got me.  And I'm too guility to give it to someone else or return it so I end up with gifts that I've left unused until I realize that I deperately need the closet space and finally part with it.

Dec 17 05 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Model7775 wrote:
When I was 13 my aunt and uncle gave me a Winnie The Poo video. Before I could stop myself, in front of the whole family I groaned and rolled my eyes.

But seriously..that was a STUPID gift to give to a 13yr old!

BTW, I don't get presents from them anymore. LOL

*old recycled joke ahead*

Q:what does winnie the poo and John the Baptist have in common???

A:same middle name

Dec 17 05 11:18 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

As I've gotten older - I understand the "thought that counts" better than I did when I was younger.  (then It was hard to maintain the cheerful appearance when you get that sweater -  and not keys to a Vette)

I also reseach Civil War history - (Ubergeek stuff - "what was Co. D of the 83rd NY infantry armed with in 1863" sort of things)  Friends and family know "he is interested in the Civil War"

THEN - you get the box with a tie, with a picture of Robert E Lee printed on it - or a "Dukes of Hazzard Keychain"

"it's the thought that counts  .....  Its the thought that counts . . . "

Dec 17 05 11:20 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

I'm still working on wrapping a full body ...

Dec 18 05 01:24 am Link